• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigasampler, Cakewalk & Hardware

Share/Bookmark

Gigasampler, Cakewalk & Hardware

Wanted to know if someone could tell me their experiences with using Cakewalk, GS, and what modifications they did to their PC. I\'m using a Layla system, on a PII 333mHz Acer system with 64MB RAM. Want to know pros and cons of using a system, and what challenges I would run into. Thanks

Re: Gigasampler, Cakewalk & Hardware

Hi Macca,
    I have used Giga extensively with Cakewalk 8.04 for quite some time now and while I wouldn\'t call myself an expert, I have been able to do anything that I have wanted to do with the combination of the two. Cakewalk seems to drive Giga with no problems. I am able to sequence track after track of Giga sounds, convert MIDI tracks to audio tracks and do vocals with no problem. I run on a PII 350 with 128 Megs of ram. I do have slight clicks and pops when running Giga Piano. Hopefully when I beef up to 256 Megs of ram this problem will cease. Be sure to avoid the velocity video cards which seem to not want to cooperate with cakewalk. I have upgraded to Cakewalk 9.0 which is a substantial upgrade however I have not been able to utilize all of it\'s features as of yet due to Lexicon\'s piss poor Core2 sound card which locks up when using Cakewalk 9.0.

Peace

Go Back to forum