• Register
  • Help

Topic: MusicLab Realguitar or Steinberg VirtualGuitar?

Share/Bookmark

MusicLab Realguitar or Steinberg VirtualGuitar?

Does anyone have any experience with these two products? Are they very similar? I know that Steinbergs Virtual Guitar includes a few electric guitar samples - even in the original acoustic version while the MusicLab real guitar seems to be strictly acoustic. But do both of these product do basically the same thing?

I was able to down load the demo of RealGuitar which is really amazing me. I would love to download and try a demo of the Steinberg product before I made a final decision but can not find a real working demo. Only wav files which of course, sound great. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. If you have a pointer to a real working demo of virtual Guitarist, that would also be great. Also are there other products I should be considering? Basically, as a keyboard player, I just want to be able to add some fair rhythm guitar and maybe a little riff or two.

Thanks very much. As a side note - I have found a couple of other forums that discuss these topics and have posted there as well. I want to apologize to any of you who read those forums as well for the duplicated message thread!

Cheers,

Gil

Re: MusicLab Realguitar or Steinberg VirtualGuitar?

Wasn't this exact topic covered about 3 weeks ago? Maybe I am thinking about a different forum.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

This was discussed a while back and you can find it if you do search. Basically, however, the agreement was that RealGuitar is much more versatile. As you can see with the demo, the playability leaves you with a lot of options, but you have to put some work into it stylistically in order for it to sound its best. Virtual Guitarist is solely for rhythm guitar and you play a key and it chugs away at its preset pattern until you release. I have both and personally have yet to actually use Virtual Guitarist in a project - the solo mode in RealGuitar is enough to win me over every time. If you can afford both, get both, they fill different functions (VG has electric, but only rhythm - no lead) - but for my money RealGuitar is the closest thing you will find to a "real guitar".

I asked about RealGuitar VS VirtualGuitar. There is a demo plug-in available for RealGuitar which I tried and it does have a nice sound. But I ended up borrowing my daughters guitar and practicing a bit because I needed a driving rhythm which i couldn't get from RealGuitar and Virtual Guitar would force me to sync to it. She came and got her guitar so i'll have to beg her for it again to finish up. It's just a $200 Yamaha but sounds OK for demo but not like my Martin D-35 did for sure.

I think Virtual Guitarist Electric Edition for electric rhthym guitars is actually a lot more flexible than people give it credit for.

Feel free to check out the top 5 of my pieces at:

www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Go Back to forum