• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Atmosphere 2?

Share/Bookmark

Atmosphere 2?

I know no one at spectrasonics can answer this. Is there rumors of a Atmosphere 2 coming out?....ever?

Re: Atmosphere 2?

Is there a need? Insn't Atmosphere big enough for ya?
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

I think the issue here is not the size.

The point of releasing an atmosphere 2 IMO would be to revolutionized the world of vst's as stylus RMX did.

Personally I can't see this happening because I don't see how it could improve. Personally I'm very happy with it.

But there's things that they could tackle, like for instance, the hability of importing your own sounds like in Absynth 3. Who knows.

One area I'd love to see RMX type technology applied to an atmosphere type of instrument is ARPEGGIOS: really cool, complex, rich sounding synth pulsations and arpeggios, using groove control / RMX technology.

That would fill the surprizing gap in the Atmosphere library of no tempo syncing features as of yet.

Think along the lines of the "complex" textures in the atmosphere library, but groove controlled / RMX-ized.

I'd buy it today!!

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    Is there a need? Insn't Atmosphere big enough for ya?
    I think there's a need. I think Atmosphere is rediculously good, but i'd be in for A2.
    evaclear
    Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm...

My Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kral
    One area I'd love to see RMX type technology applied ...That would fill the surprizing gap in the Atmosphere library of no tempo syncing features as of yet.
    Just to set the record straight for the uninitiated, Atmosphere and Trilogy both have tempo syncing features via the latest updates.

Obviously, this doesn't help or apply to the Arpeggiated concepts, but "in-tempo" pulsing LFO's via filters, volume, etc... are totally possible in Atmosphere.

I would like to see Atmosphere and Triology both updated. New sounds would be fine, but the big thing is patch selection. It is kind of a pain to surf through several folders via mouse to listen to sounds. Obviously the "previous/next" sound button is great if they happen to be right next to each other.... if not.... click, click, click. So that is where I think they could improve. Maybe patch selection numbers or (what would really be great) if the patch names could be read by my sequencer (in this case, Sonar)

I will say that as far as I'm concerned, Triology has answered all of my bass needs and I don't really look at other plug-ins for that. For "classic" pad sounds, Atmosphere is (IMHO) the best.

Take Care
    Never wrestle in the mud with a pig.
    You both get dirty and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kral
    One area I'd love to see RMX type technology applied to an atmosphere type of instrument is ARPEGGIOS: really cool, complex, rich sounding synth pulsations and arpeggios, using groove control / RMX technology.

That would fill the surprizing gap in the Atmosphere library of no tempo syncing features as of yet.

Think along the lines of the "complex" textures in the atmosphere library, but groove controlled / RMX-ized.

I'd buy it today!!

Eric, what a great musical tool Atmosphere is. Pure Inspiration.

Rob, couldnt have said it better. To me this would bring Atmosphere 2 to a new level and also maybe adding some more Symphony of Voices type choirs would be great! Atmosphere 2 - Just sounds so good

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimo
    Just to set the record straight for the uninitiated, Atmosphere and Trilogy both have tempo syncing features via the latest updates.
    I'm thinking in tandem with V-Stack and Forte's limitations actually. I use Atmosphere on a PC, and DP on a Mac. V-Stack doesn't follow tempo, and Forte does it very poorly.

I anticipate an atmosphere 2 will eventually be released.. though it may not be called that. I'd love to see some more arppegio functions etc added to atmostphere. But I'm sure the spectrasonics team is working on stuff we've never imagined.. that's their typical MO.

From what I've observed with Spectrasonics lately I anticipate the following:

find new ways to repackage the existing libraries. I would expect a future Atmostphere to be a UVI or similar player that would import all their former libraries flawlessly. Possibly the addition of multi-part atmosphere instances. This would be very handy at times.

In my prophecy window I anticipate 2 new plugins in the future: (this is VERY speculative and slightly tainted by my own desires)

1) I could forsee an ethnic plugin. One that would kind of embody the work they did with Vocal planet, Heart of Africa and Asia, Ethno Techno, and then build on all that to create something we've never imagined. This would rock beyond the world of rock. I dream of this! (eric if you ever do this can I PLEASE beta it with you!!!!)

2) I forsee a guitar library in the likeness of Trilogy. 2 years ago there was a lot of buzz about this. While I've never been able to get a nod from Eric or the team deep down I choose to believe this is in the works.

If Eric and the team were to develop these products I think they could all retire because they would have basically gone to the end and there woul dbe nothing left to create... then in Eric's retirement he would suddenly be struck with the most ingenious idea he'd ever had and he would fire up the old Spectrasonics creative team again. They'd crank out this new ground breaking product and we'd all buy it... then Eric could retire again.... Anyway you twist it Eric has probably single handedly done more for the world of sound development than any other person in history. I'm shocked when I look through my sound collections and realize how much he's touched. Whether it be the amazing Spectrasonics libraries or his work years ago with Roland. He's got a sort of omnipresence in the world of sounds!!!

Okay, enough speculation from me.

J-

Go Back to forum