• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Since Sean shared his TCM entry... Here's mine

Share/Bookmark

Since Sean shared his TCM entry... Here's mine

Hi al!

Now that the TCM YFCC is over, I thought I would share my entry.

This is clip 4. (the circus panic one)

I ALMOST missed this one. Movie Maestro was commenting last Friday's chat on having trouble with getting her entry to fit the mood she wanted. With all I have been up to lately, I completely forgot that I was planning on entering. I sketched out some ideas after choosing my clip on saturday. And then Monday and Tuesday I came up with the music. I polished it up on Wednesday and submitted it.

It is MOSTLY GPO,
    The french horn and trumpet rapid tongueing parts are GPO, (I used Danielle's fantastic tutorial to do them - BIG time thanks, Danielle! ), but the rest of the brass "hits" are from the Project SAM Freebies Kevin Tweedy (KevinKuai) told me about. (As are some of the percussion
    samples, such as toms, brake drum) I don't have a software sampler, so I had to use the raw wav files in my sequencer (Tracktion) (lots of tweaking) The rest is all GPO. (strings, bassoon, tam-tam, solo violin, etc.).

Here is the link for the movie clip itself with my added music:

(Removed until I get clearance from TCM to post the movie clip.)

Here is just the mp3 of it.

http://home.comcast.net/~jerrysmusic2/04_souls7_dl.mp3

Thanks for listening.

Jerry Wickham
    Last edited by Jerry W.; 04-02-2005 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Just in case!
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Re: Since Sean shared his TCM entry... Here's mine

You did a nice job, I do like the percussion and the brass, especially the lightning strike is a very nice touch! I like how the three of us (you, Evan, and myself) did three different clips, so there is no comparison!

Working on this competition has helped me appreciate film composer's work. It's still April 1st . . .

Anyway, good luck!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

All man...I really liked yours . hehe. . We just need one person to score the Horse scene now, and we'll be complete!

thanks guys - Yep, one more and we'll have all 4 clips represented here.

I am thinking - do you think it is legal to post the movie clips here? I know the mp3s are fine, but technically, we don't have the permission do use the movies in this manner.

But - I guess it might be OK. People can download the clips themselves and listen to the music while watching along, all we have done is saved them the trouble of that.

We'll find out, I am sure, if doing this isn't kosher.

JW

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    I am thinking - do you think it is legal to post the movie clips here? I know the mp3s are fine, but technically, we don't have the permission do use the movies in this manner.
    Yeah, that's what I was worried about . . . let's hope not though
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Yeah, that's what I was worried about . . . let's hope not though
    Well, i just sent off an email asking TCM about this, I want to make sure it is OK. I'll wait their reply before removing it. I don't want to get disqualified or in trouble over something like that.

Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    Well, i just sent off an email asking TCM about this, I want to make sure it is OK. I'll wait their reply before removing it. I don't want to get disqualified or in trouble over something like that.

Jerry
    Good idea, thanks! That would really stink to be disqualified! However, I couldn't find anything in the official rules about sharing entries now that it's past due. But better safe than sorry.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Very Nice Jerry! It's very suspensful You did a great job - I'm very impressed! Good Luck!

Awesome job, Jerry! And Sean, too. Very consistent and compelling, throughout, which is what I think is lacking in my entry (well, at least the consistency... it may be compelling enough). I'll try to post mine later.

Was there someone else who had posted their entry? Those were the only two I've seen.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbot
    Awesome job, Jerry! And Sean, too. Very consistent and compelling, throughout, which is what I think is lacking in my entry (well, at least the consistency... it may be compelling enough). I'll try to post mine later.

Was there someone else who had posted their entry? Those were the only two I've seen.
    Thanks Moviemaestro, I appreciate your comments!!

Thanks Eric!! I am looking forward to yours. The other guy who did it is Evan Gamble. His is HERE I am not sure if he uses GPO, but he did a fine job. So far Sean, Evan and I have done three different clips. We were hoping to find someone who did the fourth so we have a full collection. Which clip did you do?

Thanks again for the response!

Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast