• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garage Band Jam Pack 4 - Orchestra - What's the deal?

Share/Bookmark

Garage Band Jam Pack 4 - Orchestra - What's the deal?

Can't find any demos of Garbage Band Jam Pack 4 - Orchestra. Clues anyone? I would like to know where the samples are derived from, if they're not all original recordings specifically made for the sample pack. It says "2000 loops". What kind of loops are these? Is there anything useful at all in this set? I hope someone can shed some light on this mysterious product. Thanks!

Re: Garage Band Jam Pack 4 - Orchestra - What's the deal?

Hi!

The GarageBand Jam Pack 4 is THE orchestral bargain! It contains selected samples from the Vienna Symphonic Library and a very good Steinway Grand piano. At $99 you can't beat this when it comes to value for your money. The samples sound great. In fact, as an owner of several VSL products, it's a bit frustrating to find out this low priced product can sound this good.

I think there are some demos here:
    http://www.apple.com/ilife/garageban.../jampack4.html

Thanks Malo! To be honest I was hoping it had all new recorded samples, although I didn't find it very likely at that price. Still it looks like a complete bargain. Thanks!

The loops are pretty nice also. I use GarageBand as the first project of my Music Technology course and the students have created some nice little works out of the orchestral loops.

Brasspig
    Donald W. Sorah
    Doctoral Teaching Assistant
    Florida State University
    Tallahassee, FL

Go Back to forum