• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Colonists - My One Man Animated Movie w/GPO

Share/Bookmark

The Colonists - My One Man Animated Movie w/GPO

This is a project I have been working on for a loooooong time and I still have a few more monthes of work. I couldn't wait to start composing the music for it, so I have completed the opening sequence. The music is all GPO with Finale doing the performance.

The story is about Gnosh and Flin, two alien dudes who survive an attack on their home world of Deutreenum by the evil mechanical Artoxians. They must set up a colony on another world and try to find if any other Deutreenums survived. The opening sequence here involves the approaching Artoxian Fleet about to invade Deutreenum and Gnosh flying his ship, The Traveler, on the way to meet with the Council.

http://www.fupduckonline.com/colonis...ing-seq-2.html
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Re: The Colonists - My One Man Animated Movie w/GPO

Wow! That was awesome! What animation studio did you use? And who's voices did I hear?

The music blended fantastically, it seemed to build up and settle down at the the right moments, and felt very natural. I loved the rotating camera angles of the ships also. Very well done, I look forward to more! I can't wait for a full-length movie! Thanks for sharing.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

For the spaceship and city shots I used LightWave, but the main package for the project is Hash's Animation Master. About 90% of it will be done using that package. It is awesome and only $299! Kind of like the GPO for computer animation. (http://www.hash.com/)

I have 10-11 minutes of animation done now, It may end up being around 30-45 minutes long. I am the sole voice actor right now.
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Animation Master looks like a lot of fun! Well, now there's something else I have to save up for . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Not bad at all Jess. I'm a Lightwave user so, I'm just curious why you chose Hash instead? Ease of use, rendering times?

The music is excellent.

Jess, that was very cool. Please don't be offended, but your alien is very cute! Your music fits the scenes very well. I hope to see it when it's finished.

Thumbs up Re: The Colonists - My One Man Animated Movie w/GPO

Quote Originally Posted by jesshmusic
    This is a project I have been working on for a loooooong time and I still have a few more monthes of work. I couldn't wait to start composing the music for it, so I have completed the opening sequence. The music is all GPO with Finale doing the performance.

http://www.fupduckonline.com/colonis...ing-seq-2.html
    Nice job Jess!

It's my dream to realize a movie draft for a pair of Opera scenes I wrote during my study. I was wondering if an affordable and easy to use application exist, and your words are encouraging.

The landscape and sequence plan animation is wonderful, you have a very good control on your media, then I consider you immediately my reference for animation suggestion and help!

Being already a good composer you don't need too much help with the music, but I can be one of your "audition beta tester" in exchange if you like..

Great! I always wanted to do something like that and used to play around with animation, but there is just too little time in life to do everything. When I was doing visual art I found my music went by the wayside. I decided music is more important to me.

Anyway, keep this up. I hope you find time to do both animation and music.
    Trent P. McDonald

The music is amazing. I have some animation critiques, but I probably ought to wait 'til you post it on the Hash board to share those.

Thanks for your compliments, all.

@Joseph: I use Animation Master more because character animation and modeling is a lot easier on it. The whole thing seems a little better designed for making your own movies. I did use LightWave for the spaceship shots.
    Jess Hendricks
    Personal Website

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast