• Register
  • Help

Topic: Greetings from Prague

Share/Bookmark

Greetings from Prague

After a whirlwind time rehearsing and recording in Olomouc for Competition, today Petr, Andz and I went to Prague. We met with Mr. Pycha, Managing Director who works with the Prague Symphony and the Czech National Symphony. Mr. Pycha gave us a tour of Dvorak Hall inside the Rudolfinum. We spent a while there and met with Mr. Slezak the Chief Engineer and made recording arrangements. After a brief drink at a sidewalk cafe, we were given a tour of Smetana Hall inside the Prague Municipal House. We saw the Prague Music Academy and the Estate Theatre where Mozart premiered his Magic Flute and Don Giovanni. We played tourist for the remainder of the day.

I ducked into an internet cafe and thought I would drop you a short note.

Prague is a very musical as well as a beautiful city. Perhaps an ideal place for a GPO Convention ?

Hope you are all doing well and keeping out of trouble

Gary

Re: Greetings from Prague

"Prague is a very musical as well as a beautiful city. Perhaps an ideal place for a GPO Convention "

YES!

Sounds like a wondeful trip Gary. Enjoy! Hope you (or someone with you) has been able to take some photos you could share with us. I've been to Europe four times, but unfortunately never to that area.

Have a safe trip home!

Brasspig
    Donald W. Sorah
    Doctoral Teaching Assistant
    Florida State University
    Tallahassee, FL

Uh . . . Gary, you're making me jealous! But you guys deserve it, so enjoy yourself, and go ahead and buy a mansion for the GPO convention!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Looks like I need to save for a trip to Prague!
    Chris

Thumbs up Re: Greetings from Prague

So that's the Praguenosis? Well then let us start planning gents!

Nice to hear everything is going well for you and that you are having a nice time in Prague and there were no set backs cause we would have been very upset to hear but that you are doing well and that you have a nice trip so see you next fall!

Waat did he say?

No, really Gary, wait ... now dontgotoofartoofasttoosoon! A brief drink indeed, huh!
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: Greetings from Prague

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan

Prague is a very musical as well as a beautiful city. Perhaps an ideal place for a GPO Convention

Hope you are all doing well and keeping out of trouble

Gary
    YES PLEASE!

It's so nice, musical and...near for me!!!!

Just to be in the same room as someone like Mozart must have been extremely emotional, it would be for me. WOW!

Thanks Gary, I don't know how I missed your post till now, oh well, take care!

deepeeDan

Go Back to forum