• Register
  • Help

Topic: PowerBook 1.67 and GPO?

Share/Bookmark

PowerBook 1.67 and GPO?

Hey guys,

I'm struggling through GPO on my current PowerBook 867mhz with 768mb RAM right now. I realize I'm under the suggested requirements. I'm really considering purchasing the new PowerBook 1.67 (which can handle up to 2mb of RAM - if I'm not mistaken.) Would this allow me to run GPO without any issues? Anyone out there running this machine? I'd like to know what kind of performance I can expect out of this machine. In speaking with Gary, he had told me that adding an audio card (such as the Echo) would help immensely with my performance. Would I still need to invest in that or would the 1.67 be able to handle all that?

Also, if I make this purchase, I'll have a laptop I'd like to sell if anyone would be interested.

Thanks as always for your help!

Brasspig
    Donald W. Sorah
    Doctoral Teaching Assistant
    Florida State University
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: PowerBook 1.67 and GPO?

Hi, Brasspig:

I'm a newish GPOer so I haven't done much testing. But I've found that my PB (1.3GHz, 1.25GB RAM) can handle quartets and what-not without difficulty, but once you get into serious ensembles, you need to start freezing tracks as you go.

You'll be getting a more powerful machine, of course, but that might give you an idea...

Hey Zach,

What are you running GPO with, Finale, DP, etc?

Are you running the Dry or Wet instruments?

How much RAM do you have?

Thanks for your help!!

Brasspig
    Donald W. Sorah
    Doctoral Teaching Assistant
    Florida State University
    Tallahassee, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Brasspig
    What are you running GPO with, Finale, DP, etc?
    I've used it with the included GPO Studio and with Pro Tools LE. Oh, and a little bit with GarageBand.

Are you running the Dry or Wet instruments?
    Dry.

How much RAM do you have?
    1.25 gigabytes.

You shouldn't take my numbers as gospel, though; I only got GPO about three weeks ago, and due to various committments haven't had time to, y'know, really dig in.

Go Back to forum