• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: Good news and bad news (Kontakt 2)

Share/Bookmark

Good news and bad news (Kontakt 2)

The good news that Kontakt 2 is fantastic. The GUI and browser is lightyears beyond K1. The built-in library is incredible. The convolution breathes new life into old instruments. And the KSP function made an unedited, unautomated, cut and dry riff of french horns sound real and expressive (http://www.zirconstudios.com/omfg.mp3).

The bad news? They still didn't fix the damn rendering bug! FL has a workaround for it, but for everyone who was still having problems (there have been many threads on this at the EW forum), they're out of luck.

Re: Good news and bad news (Kontakt 2)

Quote Originally Posted by zircon_st
    The good news that Kontakt 2 is fantastic. The GUI and browser is lightyears beyond K1. The built-in library is incredible. The convolution breathes new life into old instruments. And the KSP function made an unedited, unautomated, cut and dry riff of french horns sound real and expressive (http://www.zirconstudios.com/omfg.mp3).

The bad news? They still didn't fix the damn rendering bug! FL has a workaround for it, but for everyone who was still having problems (there have been many threads on this at the EW forum), they're out of luck.
    You`ve piqued my intrest Z.. Which "unedited, unautomated, cut and dry riff of french horns " is that from ? Cant wait to try K2.. rich

Keep in mind there are problems, then there are Gigastudio problems! At least K2 lives up to the hype and WORKS.
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    Keep in mind there are problems, then there are Gigastudio problems! At least K2 lives up to the hype and WORKS.
    ???????????

Love the name of the file too....
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

Can you tell us about the bundled VSL samples perhaps? I'm curious to know whether they are better than the ones that come with Gigastudio 3 Orchestra.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    ???????????
    C'mon, Bruce. I know you like GS and it works in your system, but you can't tell me that there aren't and haven't been major problems with Gigastusio. The overwhelming majority of posts in the GS forum are from people who are trying to get the damn thing to work.

I speak from experience...I started with Gigasampler and kept with it until I got tired of GS and all the hassles.

So to your ??????????s, I say, "!!!!!!!!!!!!".
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

I pre-ordered the upgrade a couples weeks ago. Should be arriving at my local L&M shortly. I'm very excited about the VSL legato/repetition patches.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoscina
    Can you tell us about the bundled VSL samples perhaps? I'm curious to know whether they are better than the ones that come with Gigastudio 3 Orchestra.
    I'm still really exploring things. There's basically a full sampled orchestra there (7.5gb of content), though there are no solo strings, oddly enough. There is, however, plenty of other stuff, and talking to a GS3 owner, I'm told that the amount of instruments and articulations is greater than GS3's. The KSP really doesn't play a part - KSP instruments are in a separate folder entirely than the VSL orchestra, but the patches that do use it are very cool. Kontakt 1 was already able to do stuff like round robin/randomized switching for up and down bows, so that's not really anything new.

Loving the sampled steinway w/ harmonics + convolution, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    I speak from experience...I started with Gigasampler and kept with it until I got tired of GS and all the hassles.
    But you can't really say that it didn't work. You used it to make music for some time.

I got GS3 as soon as it came out, and it works and it's not a hassle at all for me. Hech, I've used it live a couple of times with good reults. Sure, some people have had problems on their systems, but most have been remedied, were due to driver problems, problems with the Quicksound scan (which can be turned off), and problems with corrupted Windows installations and such.

Not to say that 100% problem free or that it has worked on 100% of systems. I'd estimate that it's more like 99% of systems.

Does GS3 work? Absolutely.
    Is it a hassle? Not for the majority of users.
    Is it perfect? No.
    Am I satisfied? Heck yeah!

-JF

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast