I am not using the "upgraded" version of GPO for creating a Timpani Roll.
Getting the "machine-gun" sound when I create a Timpani Roll. I used the following procedures for anticipated success:
1. Used D1 and D3 (hands apart) for MIDI entry.
2. Varied the velocity of the upper and lower parts. R.H. softer ramp.
3. Increased the velocity of both hands as the roll unfolded.
4. Used unquantized notes in trials.
5. Used different note durations in trials.
6. Analyzed the tempo vs. how many notes needed in roll to prevent crowding of notes and sound.
Still no success.
Are there any tutorials on creating Timpani Rolls?
I understand in the upgraded version that the X-Custom method of creating Timpani rolls works the best, but I do not have this upgrade installed yet.
Any help with what I have (GPO original) will be appreciated.