• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Samplitude 8.1 & RMX

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Samplitude 8.1 & RMX

As soon as you drag a midi file over from RMX, no matter what tempo you choose, it reverts back to the default tempo (120bpm), and can't be changed.

Tom

Unhappy Re: Samplitude 8.1 & RMX

I was not clear in my post, RMX changes tempo when you drag a midi file
    from RMX to Samp. It doesn't work at the tempo you choose. If you change
    tempo afterwards and have audio tracks recorded, it gives you the option to
    change all audio to the new tempo, which changes everything. The only way it works is if you have no audio in the VIP, and change the tempo.
    This is not very helpful if you want to add an RMX part after you've
    recorded your track in Samplitude!
    Eric, do you have any input?

Tom

Re: Samplitude 8.1 & RMX

I'm not sure if any developers from Samplitude read this forum, so you may have to contact them directly to let them know about this problem.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by mrtomm
    I was not clear in my post, RMX changes tempo when you drag a midi file
    from RMX to Samp. It doesn't work at the tempo you choose. If you change
    tempo afterwards and have audio tracks recorded, it gives you the option to
    change all audio to the new tempo, which changes everything. The only way it works is if you have no audio in the VIP, and change the tempo.
    This is not very helpful if you want to add an RMX part after you've
    recorded your track in Samplitude!
    Eric, do you have any input?

Tom
    Hmmm ...this is a weird quirk with Sam, not RMX. Sam 8 shouldnt treat RMX drag and drop this way, I`ll report this to Frank. In the meanwhile Tom heres the workaround (slight inconvience..). When you drag and drop , the midi options dialog box should pop up. Unclick "use midi BPM in VIP" and the BPM in VIP box thats greyed out should have your transports current tempo in there. Make sure your snap is on and bars and beat is you unit of grid measurement and and drag and drop away... Hope this helps..Best ,Rich

Wink Re: Samplitude 8.1 & RMX

RICH, you are THE MAN. The problem was I didn't have SNAP checked, I'd done everything you suggested before I read your post, except that!
    One error, and your toast.

Thanks again,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by mrtomm
    RICH, you are THE MAN. The problem was I didn't have SNAP checked, I'd done everything you suggested before I read your post, except that!
    One error, and your toast.

Thanks again,
    Tom
    No problem man, don`t hesitate to ask anything (just PM me) midi wize in Sam. I took a crash course.... I just glad someones using it.!.BTW, midi in 8.2 is gonna be way kooler. Best, Rich

>No problem man, don`t hesitate to ask anything (just PM me) midi wize in Sam. I took a crash course.... I just glad someones using it.!.BTW, midi in 8.2 is gonna be way kooler. Best, Rich<

Hi Rich,

'(just PM me)' <- glad you sorted the RMX thing out, but keep your 'crash course wisdom' available for the forum!
    Hope 8.2 comes soon.

Regards,

Henk Schaap

Quote Originally Posted by Schaap
    >No problem man, don`t hesitate to ask anything (just PM me) midi wize in Sam. I took a crash course.... I just glad someones using it.!.BTW, midi in 8.2 is gonna be way kooler. Best, Rich<

Hi Rich,

'(just PM me)' <- glad you sorted the RMX thing out, but keep your 'crash course wisdom' available for the forum!
    Hope 8.2 comes soon.

Regards,

Henk Schaap
    Hey Henk!
    I think i recognize your name from the samp-seq NG ? The Sam midi forums pretty dead eh? Makes me think no ones using midi in Sam?!?..I`m still trying to figure out certain routing possiblities via my e-mail conversations with Frank.
    Your right I should have said, " just post yur problem at the Sam midi Forum and someone will answer ..) Dont worry, i still hang out and learn and gripe at the Sam Forum. And actually Frank and Tobben is 'THE MAN'. I think the way midi is set up in Sam holds alot of untapped promise, it has the potential to be very flexible and powerful ! I hope some of my suggestions make it to 8.2..Best to you Rich

Seems like you know the powers that be pretty well (at Samplitude). How about a hookup. Sam 8 for 4 grand?

Rich, I really should talk to you more about Samplitude. I'm just torn between all these freaking programs. I'm already running Tracktion, Orion, FL Studio, Cubase, Samplitude 6. I need to consolidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Seems like you know the powers that be pretty well (at Samplitude). How about a hookup. Sam 8 for 4 grand?

Rich, I really should talk to you more about Samplitude. I'm just torn between all these freaking programs. I'm already running Tracktion, Orion, FL Studio, Cubase, Samplitude 6. I need to consolidate.
    He..he. Fire away. Sounds like you got your hands full. I`ll tell you one thing. And this is no hype cause im a paying costomer just like yu. But the power in mixing and mastering is in Sam. Ive never been able to get my mixs sounding this good...Rich

Go Back to forum