• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bass Drum KS?

Share/Bookmark

Question Bass Drum KS?

I have a two bar segment for exit of a character. Everything is working fine except I need a short percussive bass drum on the beat. I am using Bass Drum KS and with my pedal to the metal I get a short sound but it isn't recording.
    What am I doingk wrong darlink?
    If I can't get it with GPO, there's always me own foot!
    Maybe something to do with a setting in the kontakt player? Yes? No? Ezz Goodt, Eyah?
    Styxx

Re: Bass Drum KS?

Never mind. I played it in meself and it sound just perfect!
    Styxx

Hi Styxx, almost four hours and no help... that's a switch around here.

dp

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Never mind. I played it in meself and it sound just perfect!
    Glad you got it done, but it's still curious that you were unable to record the data that you were sending. If you can play the data in you should be able to record that same data to a sequencer track (assuming you aren't filtering out certain controllers prior to the tracking.)

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    (assuming you aren't filtering out certain controllers prior to the tracking.)

Tom
    Tom, may I ask, what exactly do you mean by "filtering out certain controllers prior to the tracking"?
    As I stated before, I was able to get it to work. However, upon reopening the file, the KS seems to be unable to affect the downbeat in the first track. On beats 2,3, & 4 the bass drum yields the KS effect I desire (tight sound). How do I find the KS in the edit window? Furthermore, is it best to give the overall project say a measure of one for parameters to take effect at the start of your tracks?
    Geezz, did that make sense? It's 7am in the morning and I am half awake.
    Well, the bottom line is I am not getting the KS to work on the downbeat of the first measure as desired.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Tom, may I ask, what exactly do you mean by "filtering out certain controllers prior to the tracking"?
    As I stated before, I was able to get it to work. However, upon reopening the file, the KS seems to be unable to affect the downbeat in the first track. On beats 2,3, & 4 the bass drum yields the KS effect I desire (tight sound). How do I find the KS in the edit window? Furthermore, is it best to give the overall project say a measure of one for parameters to take effect at the start of your tracks?
    My guess is that you played the original keyswitch prior to beat one of the first measure and that the Tascam sends data starting right at beat one. In that case it would indeed be a good idea to give yourself a "count in" bar for controller data to be sent properly prior to the first note.

The "filtering" I was referring to is a possible option in software, and some hardware, to filter out specified controllers before they are recorded (like aftertouch, if you are not using it, to remove unnecessary data automatically arriving from a controller keyboard.) It's clear from your latest description that this is not your problem. With filtering, the problem would exist for all notes rather than just the first note.

Tom

Thumbs up Re: Bass Drum KS?

I see, thanks for the discription.
    Styxx

aint Tom cool?
    Dan

Go Back to forum