• Register
  • Help

Topic: getting the xylophone to play?

Share/Bookmark

getting the xylophone to play?

I haven't worked to musch with percussion instruments in my peices as of yet. I was wondering how to get the xylophone and other percussion instryumnets to sound through GPO and overture. Any hints or links to tutorials would be very much appreciated. If there is one I overlooked then i apologise in advance.

Re: getting the xylophone to play?

It's not clear to me exactly what you are experiencing. Are you getting nothing when you try to use the xylophone (as opposed to other instruments)? Xylophone is a velocity sensitive instrument, as are other percussive instruments in the library. Since the update it also has key switched, playable rolls as described in the update documentation. It should be as simple as loading it into a GPO player slot and sending note information in the correct note range. Volume is controlled by velocity.

Tom

Re: getting the xylophone to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    It's not clear to me exactly what you are experiencing. Are you getting nothing when you try to use the xylophone (as opposed to other instruments)? Xylophone is a velocity sensitive instrument, as are other percussive instruments in the library. Since the update it also has key switched, playable rolls as described in the update documentation. It should be as simple as loading it into a GPO player slot and sending note information in the correct note range. Volume is controlled by velocity.

Tom

i understand the velocity bit, but i don't have a midi keyboard. I've loaded in GPO studio "full orchestra" in the studio player and do see it in the player. I'm just not sure how to get it to notice the notations I put in. Key switchiong I'm not sure about.

Go Back to forum