• Register
  • Help

Topic: The bother of subscribing to a thread

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy The bother of subscribing to a thread

In this forum you can ask to be notified by e-mail whenever there is a new entry to a thread you are interested in. Don't!

I did this, months ago, to a thread I was interested in, and someone has recently contributed to it, so the forum mechanism shot into gear and notified me.

Fine, you might say, so what's wrong? What's wrong is that I have received this e-mail notification at least thirty times in the last couple of days!

Could moderators please investigate and fix this bug?

Re: The bother of subscribing to a thread

Quote Originally Posted by Poolman
    In this forum you can ask to be notified by e-mail whenever there is a new entry to a thread you are interested in. Don't!

I did this, months ago, to a thread I was interested in, and someone has recently contributed to it, so the forum mechanism shot into gear and notified me.

Fine, you might say, so what's wrong? What's wrong is that I have received this e-mail notification at least thirty times in the last couple of days!

Could moderators please investigate and fix this bug?
    At least, don´t if you don´t want to! That´s what this function is for, isn´t it?

Poolman: Maybe you have disactivated cookies in your browser? I only get notified once until I visit the forum next time...

You can go to "My Profile" and choose to unsubscribe to a previously subscribed thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolman
    ...I have received this e-mail notification at least thirty times in the last couple of days!
    Maybe it was really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really important... lol.

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

It wasn't my cookies - I checked them OK.
    So I unsubscribed.
    That still doesn't explain why I got that many e-mails in the first place.
    And they were still coming when I stopped it.

Hi Terry, if you would contact the main man, PaPa Chalk he should be able to help you,
    I would but I can't, I aint got no power
    Dan

Go Back to forum