• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question for Papa Chalk, or anyone else using SBLive and Cubase

Share/Bookmark

Question for Papa Chalk, or anyone else using SBLive and Cubase

This is kinda a VST question, but I thought I\'d give it a try anyway. I am having trouble getting my system latency under 750ms. The delay is killing me, especially since I have a friend who is getting 3ms, he also has a Frontier for that matter. But anyway, I have tried all kinds of setups, and system changes. What kind of latency are you other SBLive/VST users getting?

Re: Question for Papa Chalk, or anyone else using SBLive and Cubase

Wow 3ms thats great. I\'m sure Sb live has no asio drivers it is rumored that some are using the emu drivers for this. The minimum l\'ve achieved is 94ms. Thats with the directx driver in the Asio panel I can only do this if the sample rate is set to 96k which is not relly great because the live resamples it 48k on output. at 750ms this means you are at 44.1khz if you bring it to 48khz you may get better results.

PaPa Chalk

[This message has been edited by PaPa Chalk (edited 07-29-1999).]

[This message has been edited by PaPa Chalk (edited 07-29-1999).]

Hey Papa,

I tried switching my ASIO driver to directx and got the same latency results that you did. However, I can\'t seem to record using this driver, only the ASIO Multimedia driver.
    Any suggestions on fixing this?

You cannot record with the directx drivers this is for monitoring output only with the sb live direct x drivers. You can However use GigaSampler at the same time you are playing back a wave file with the directx drivers of cubase. This is unheard of with other direct x compatible cards.

PaPa chalk

Thanx alot Papa,
    Your info helped me out alot!!
    :-)

Go Back to forum