• Register
  • Help

Topic: Microsoft Service Pack 2 OK?

Share/Bookmark

Microsoft Service Pack 2 OK?

Found this posting on the Information Week email newsletter:

"On April 12, Microsoft will turn off the blocking feature that has made it possible for some companies to block Windows XP Service Pack 2 downloads by employees who use Automatic Update. That means in companies that used the blocking tool, SP2 will be downloaded automatically to desktop computers that use Windows' Automatic Update feature."

Have there been any GPO problems associated with installation of SP2 ?

Thanks,
    Chuck

Re: Microsoft Service Pack 2 OK?

You know, I've been reluctant to download SP2. Recently, I went on Microsoft website and updated many potential areas and my system hasn't shown any problems. However, this is a good post and it will be interesting to hear the replies.
    Styxx

no probs with SP2 here....

Everything's OK here...

So far.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by chagar
    Found this posting on the Information Week email newsletter:

"On April 12, Microsoft will turn off the blocking feature that has made it possible for some companies to block Windows XP Service Pack 2 downloads by employees who use Automatic Update. That means in companies that used the blocking tool, SP2 will be downloaded automatically to desktop computers that use Windows' Automatic Update feature."

Have there been any GPO problems associated with installation of SP2 ?

Thanks,
    Chuck
    Well, I have no problems. I was one of the early users.

But: there are some precautions for some computers. If you have a HP check out the HP web site. (very important if you use the HP Photo & Image Director or Share to Web) Also, read the info on the microcoft update page. If you do this, you can anticpate a smooth transition.

Unless you have broadband service, downloading SP2 is beyond ridiculous. Microsoft will send you a free CD. I had mine within 2 days of my request.

There are no issues with Sonar, GPO, OVerture, and only a very minor problem with Sibelius, for which there is a fix. The problem is that double clicking a Sibelius file will not open Sibelius without the fix. But if you open Sibelius first, you won't even be aware of the issue.

Richard

I'm using GPO, the full version of Kontakt and Sonar 3.11. Everything works as advertised...
    -E

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson."

Put it on my Mac, and no problems yet . . . :>)

SP2 funked up my hard drive partition so hard I still haven't been able to access a thing on it even from a new install. I can't even get Windows to reintall on it- had to go to a new hard drive.

Rule #1 of Windows

If it's working leave it alone. Don't even look at it. Talk about something else- it might hear you.

Go Back to forum