• Register
  • Help

Topic: Musikmesse - Day 1

Share/Bookmark

Musikmesse - Day 1

Musikmesse started today. It was non-stop appointments all day. I met several distributors in the morning. Best Service lives up to their name and made sure our booth and arrangements were all in perfect order.

Quite a few reporters and editors from the music press came by today and were impressed with the Solo Stradivari and Jazz/Big Band demos. The first day of Musikmesse must be when the press checks out the show to see what is new.

The editor from Tools4Music arrived with Klaus Kandler and presented me with a First Place Award. What a pleasant and unexpected surpirse and good way to start the show.

I gave an interview on the German National Radio (similar to NPR in the USA). Then met with Steffen Holly from Magix/Samplitude and later Jim Cooper from MOTU.

Roman Beilharz from the forum came by. It was so good to finally meet him in person. There were several people from the forum.

We got together with Vincent and Marteen from ProjectSAM and with Thomas Scarbee. Also had a chance to meet Peter Seidleczek. And later had some coffee with Daniel Haver, president of Native Instruments, and Martin Jann.

After the show we went to a party sponsered by German Keyboards Magazine. Then dinner with Giorgio, his wife, Stefano, Gianni and and Jeff.

I only had a little time to see anything at the show. A few thing I did notice: Tascam announce their Gigapulse VST. Vienna presented their MIR impulse project and Seidlezek has announced a new string library with the Native Instruments engine.

More soon.

Gary Garritan

Re: Musikmesse - Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    The editor from Tools4Music arrived with Klaus Kandler and presented me with a First Place Award. What a pleasant and unexpected surpirse and good way to start the show.
    Congrats.

Sounds like you've had a busy time on that side of the pond. Thanks for all of the updates on your whole trip.
    Trent P. McDonald

Thumbs up Re: Musikmesse - Day 1

Absolutely well deserved! Congratulations sir ... many congratulations!
    Styxx

Re: Musikmesse - Day 1

How fun for you Gary! I hope you put in a good word for me to Jim Cooper! Just kidding!

Congratulations on your award. You certainly deserve all the awards you can get.
    Dan

Go Back to forum