• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem with serial number

Share/Bookmark

Problem with serial number

My hard drive crashed recently so I'm in the process of reinstalling all my software. I'm trying to reinstall GPO and I can't for the life of me find the serial number anywhere. I thought that it was in the front of the manual, but it's not there. I have the Operation Manual, but I'm really worried that there was a second manual that has the number that I can't find.

Is there any way for me to get my serial number from my previous registration? Or is the serial number some other place beside the case or manual and I'm just blind?

I'm working on my final project for my arrangement class and I can't stand composing with general midi sounds!

Re: Problem with serial number

That's where it was on mine...

I also immediately tattooed it on my backside, as I do with *all* software registration numbers.

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Mine was (and still is, I just checked!) on a sticker on the inside front cover of 'The Guide to Garritan Personal Orchestra' booklet. Is there a separate operation manual - I don't remember one?

I also recently had to do the same... twice in about a week. Never had a problem with the serial number though, it's on the top left corner of inner cover of the manual, well it is for me. My problem was the registration numbers - but thankfully after e-mailing NI I could get my registration number back (the e-mail it was sent to previously no longer existed, plus it was on my old system). Hope you sort it out.

If you can log into your account on the NI website ( and that's a big IF since they've updated their site and really mucked things up - i.e. I can't get in ) and go to the registration page they will have your serial number and activation code.

BTW if the only thing that has changed is your hard drive don't submit another activation. Just copy down the activation code that's there and it will work.

Take it from someone who's done this A LOT!
    - Layne

Thanks for all the replies! There must be another manual somewhere I can't find. I can't login to the NI website either, but luckily I have all my old email and was able to find the registration information including the serial. All is well now.

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by eonblue
    ...I can't login to the NI website either, but luckily I have all my old email and was able to find the registration information including the serial. All is well now.

Thanks for the help!
    Generally the email they send you also contains your username (an email address) and the password NI assigns you (usually 10 characters).

For the heck of it, I checked mine, too. The first two times I tried to log in it refused me; but the third time it *did* accept the u/n & p/w.

There's definitely something a little flaky about their log-in scripting (from what I can see, it looks like possibly a cookie setting issue) -- but you should be able to get in okay after a few tries.

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Talking Re: Problem with serial number

I record important stuff like this in an Access database table (last count: 261 records). I record passwords, IDs and serial numbers as well as other pertainent info (such as the support page URL, if applicable). Of course, the database is also protected by a password so unauthorized eyes can't compromise. I've found as hit 39 (again and again!) that it is becoming increasingly necessary!

KevinKauai

Not to be repetitive, but, per above, don't overlook tattooing, either... lol. Unless you're really far gone, it's hard to forget where your backside is.

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum