• Register
  • Help

Topic: Getting Legato

Share/Bookmark

Getting Legato

I have a midi file with some string section passages which need legato. Is there any way I can get legato effect here - I haven't a keyboard attached. As I'm new to midi, if there is a way I would be obliged for help - but I would need step by step help if possible.

Re: Getting Legato

I guess it varies on the sequencer you are using, but basically you need to edit the cc64# controller automation or sustain pedal as its known. You need to draw in the data at the full 127 value on the note before you want legato to be applied, and keep it at that peak for the duration of the legato phrase, setting it back to 0 value just after the last note in the phrase.

Re: Getting Legato

Quote Originally Posted by lumpyhed
    I guess it varies on the sequencer you are using, but basically you need to edit the cc64# controller automation or sustain pedal as its known. You need to draw in the data at the full 127 value on the note before you want legato to be applied, and keep it at that peak for the duration of the legato phrase, setting it back to 0 value just after the last note in the phrase.
    Thanks Lumpyhed, at least I know it can be done! I'm using Cubasis VST 4 which came with GPO, but being a beginner I don't know enough about midi/Cubasis to carry out what you say.
    Thanks for your reply

Go Back to forum