• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: FREE GPO UPDATES! Available Now!

Share/Bookmark

Arrow FREE GPO UPDATES! Available Now!

I thought I would create a separate announcement post since the previous posts are getting lost fast. I am pleased to announced that the new updates to the Garritan Personal Orchestra library are available as a free download to all registered GPO users:

http://www.garritan.com/downloads.html

Here's a quick overview of many of the new features in the Library itself:

• "Full Strings" instruments
    • Aggressive string instruments
    • Aggressive brass instruments
    • Advanced keyswitched instruments
    • "Length" control parameter
    • Solo winds vibrato control
    • Advanced portamento control
    • "Playable" single key tremolos and trills in solo strings
    • "Playable" single key rolls in percussion
    • Tonal variation control in pipe organ instruments
    • Extended vibraphone controls
    • Folder organization in "score" order and Ens Instruments renamed
    Here are some of the new enhancements to the GPO Kontakt Player:

• Optional DFD (Direct From Disk) streaming of samples now available as a separate download
    • Larger screen fonts on instrument names for easier loading (many have requested this)
    • - ± buttons have been added to the Load menu, to allow for easier browsing of the library.
    • Improved "Find" and "Auto-Find" quickly locates patches.
    • Loading times and general performance improved in all hosts.
    • Keyswitches appear as yellow keys on the onscreen keyboard.
    • The positions of both this pulldown and the horizontal slider are saved when the application is closed, and will reset to these positions in subsequent sessions.
    • The user-assignable modulation router has been completely reworked. It no longer modulates the value of CC24, but instead controls a separate "hidden" controller, CC25. In addition, CC11 (Expression) has been added, and the "Aftertouch" modulation option is now correctly named "Poly-Aftertouch". This is a particular benefit to Logic and Garage Band users as a workaround to the Logic reset to "0" bug.
    There are some fixes to the Player: Right-channel clicking on certain instruments now fixed, User-positioned knob values now recall correctly in hosts, Projects now load the correct per-slot MIDI channel, rather han setting to Omni, Polyphony setting now correctly limits the number of voices being processed, Both Automatic Variability knobs now work properly

The X-Custom Addition
    to the GPO Library has now been posted as a separate and optional download.

• The X-Custom addition to the library is for people who want to customize their controllers. It allows users to have custom control over volume/timbre MIDI assignments and dynamic range thoruhg the assignable slider in the Player. This feature is especially useful for users with Wind Controllers. Also, this is particularly helpful for people with certain sequencers. For instance, Logic 6 (and earlier) and GarageBand users have the reset to "0" bug which this addition will allow you to reset the controller and avoid. With the X-Custom Folders, please note that all instruments load at full volume rather than the minimum volume standard used in the Dry and Wet Audition folders. This is useful for people with Standard MIDI files they want to play or with particular sequencers as well. Most users will not need this optional addition.
    GPO Studio:

• Capture to Audio feature with GPO Studio (record audio from notation scores i.e. Overture, Sibelius and Finale)
    There may be more features we forgot to mention. There are also many tutorials that have been posted on the GPO site. Many thanks to Tom Hopkins, the beta team, Native Instruments, Joseph Burrell, Dennis DeSantis, Martin Jann, Jeff Hurchalla, Wendy Carlos and many of you who have provided help and suggestions for this update.

Gary Garritan
    www.garritan.com

Smile Re: FREE GPO UPDATES! Available Now!

Realy good update on my mac it seems much better now, I can use more sounds at once but I cant load the The X-Custom sounds on my Mac they dont show up in Kontakt-player and when I try to load them in Kontakt I get the message : cant find samples bla bla
    Where shall I put The The X-Custom files?

Toppy

Re: FREE GPO UPDATES! Available Now!

Toppy,

The X-Custom folder goes in the "Instruments" folder. There should be three folders inside the Instruments folder: Dry, Wet Audition, and X-Custom.

Tom

Hi there,

Great to hear about the update, especially the expanded support for Wind MIDI controllers. I've just recently figured out how to get the latency down on my system, so the update is well timed for me.

Sorry to sound thick, but I went to the Garritan download page and saw lots of stuff there, some of which has been there for a while. The new items seem to be the Kontakt player (October 19,2004), the direct from disk expansion (October 20,2004), the X-Customizable Folders (October 21,2004) which sounds interesting, and the final version of GPO Studio v1.2 (not dated). Am I missing anything else?

Where do I download the "new features in the Library itself"? Or are they all in the Kontakt player download?

Thanks in advance,

Skev

Tom:

I am using GPO with a Mac that doesn't have a download capability (no internet installed).

Do the downloads come as complete files that can be copied to a CD and then transferred to my Mac containing GPO? In other words, independent files that have an "installer" to click on inside of them, or is everything controlled by NI and done from that site WITHIN your computer?

I have my User Name and Password, but hesitate to try to download to a computer that doesn't contain GPO. Do you understand what I'm trying to say, Tom?

Regards,

John

You're okay. Just download the update on the other computer and then install it on the Mac that actually contains GPO. There's nothing wrong with doing it that way. The download contains the new player as well the library updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    ... Many thanks to Tom Hopkins, the beta team, Native Instruments, Joseph Burrell, Dennis DeSantis, Martin Jann, Jeff Hurchalla, Wendy Carlos and many of you who have provided help and suggestions for this update.

Gary Garritan
    www.garritan.com
    Well, I am surprised to see Wendy Carlos listed here. Switched on Bach was my introduction to computer music way back, and I thought the album was great, although Invention 8 seemed quite too fast. The album was quite an enlightenment, I still have it, and think it is terrific! It is good to note that Wendy is still active in music and synthesizers.

Richard Wayland

Wow! I really needed a much more aggressive trumpet section and you delivered!!!! Thank you very much! The entire brass section is really great now!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Any plans on adding a solo trumpet and alto flute with vibrato? Ideally I would love to have a KS patch to go back and fourth between straight tone and vibrato.

I love this new update. You guys have really outdone yourselves! I can't wait to get started using the new features! Thanks again for all your hard work!

Dave Morehead
    Davemorehead.com

Actually David there is simulated vibrato that you can add to the trumpet using the CC 17 and CC 131 aftertouch controls. I may make a list of all the instruments (wood and brass) that have this feature. Check the Update pdf for more information about those controls.

Talking Re: FREE GPO UPDATES! Available Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Actually David there is simulated vibrato that you can add to the trumpet using the CC 17 and CC 131 aftertouch controls. I may make a list of all the instruments (wood and brass) that have this feature. Check the Update pdf for more information about those controls.
    I just checked it out! Being able to change vibrato intensity on the fly is awesome!!!!

Did I mention I love the new solo trumpet!!!! Now every non vibrato instrument can have vibrato!

Thank you to Gary and the tech team! And thank you Joseph for pointing this out. I just updated an hour ago and hadn't read the file describing all the new features!

Go Back to forum