• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: Kontakt 2 and DFD settings-Major problem??

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Kontakt 2 and DFD settings-Major problem??

    The method of using DFD on Kontakt2 is different than on Kontakt 1. I had the Black GRand loading into Kontakt1 in 3 minutes. I just tried it in Kontakt2 and it takes 7 minutes and loads virtualy every bit of the samples.

    Yes, it is set to DFD. But I don't know what the settings mean and it has a warning to not change them..."you are warned"

    BAck to where we were with the first days of EWQL; what are the optimum settings for my Mac G5 dual 2G computer with 4G of ram?

  2. #2

    Re: Kontakt 2 and DFD settings-Major problem??

    Quote Originally Posted by rJames
    The method of using DFD on Kontakt2 is different than on Kontakt 1. I had the Black GRand loading into Kontakt1 in 3 minutes. I just tried it in Kontakt2 and it takes 7 minutes and loads virtualy every bit of the samples.

    Yes, it is set to DFD. But I don't know what the settings mean and it has a warning to not change them..."you are warned"

    BAck to where we were with the first days of EWQL; what are the optimum settings for my Mac G5 dual 2G computer with 4G of ram?
    Sorry this is not an answer to your question,
    but does your computer run the Steinway Piano Samples right ?
    I think you know that Kontakt 2 is Dual Processor Compatible,
    but on the official forum , I heard that there is problem
    with the Dual processor compatibility.

    When loading the Steinway Piano (not the lite version),
    and trying to play it , it eats up alot of power ,
    but if you turn off "enable multi processor support"
    it works fine .

    I don`t know if this is true, but this was on the
    official forum. If this is true , its so lame.
    One of the biggest reasons that I`m thinking of upgrading
    is Multi Processor support.

  3. #3

    Re: Kontakt 2 and DFD settings-Major problem??

    Don't know anything about the dual processor support. There are PC duals and Mac duals. My guess is that one of them works for your patch and the other doesn't.

    I do not have Steinway Grand.

    I do not have a Kontakt2 that I can use on my system.

    Does anybody have optimal settings?

  4. #4

    Re: Kontakt 2 and DFD settings-Major problem??

    Actually, I don't think the DFD settings are working at all.

    I loaded a (keyswitch) cello patch from EWQL into Kontakt1. 47M

    I loaded the same patch into Kontakt2. 59M

    I changed the DFD settings in a radical way. Still 59M.

    The good news is that if you buy Kontakt2 your orchestra will only shrink by about 25-30%. Did someone forget to tell NI that we wanted more instruments available with advanced technology (dual processor support).

  5. #5

    Re: Kontakt 2 and DFD settings-Major problem??

    Quote Originally Posted by Veron
    Sorry this is not an answer to your question,
    but does your computer run the Steinway Piano Samples right ?
    I think you know that Kontakt 2 is Dual Processor Compatible,
    but on the official forum , I heard that there is problem
    with the Dual processor compatibility.

    When loading the Steinway Piano (not the lite version),
    and trying to play it , it eats up alot of power ,
    but if you turn off "enable multi processor support"
    it works fine .

    I don`t know if this is true, but this was on the
    official forum. If this is true , its so lame.
    One of the biggest reasons that I`m thinking of upgrading
    is Multi Processor support.
    Sorry, Veron. I hadn't even looked in the Grand Pianos folder before answering. I thought you were talking about a 3rd party Steinway.

    It does NOT play correctly on my multiprocessor Mac. Don't know why. But it stutters and spits.

  6. #6

    Re: Kontakt 2 and DFD settings-Major problem??

    Quote Originally Posted by rJames
    Sorry, Veron. I hadn't even looked in the Grand Pianos folder before answering. I thought you were talking about a 3rd party Steinway.

    It does NOT play correctly on my multiprocessor Mac. Don't know why. But it stutters and spits.
    Thanks for checking it out
    Looks like your having problems too .
    The people at the Official NI Forum are having the same
    problems ..... One of the biggest feature is the
    Multi Processor Compatibility . But it looks like it has a bug...

    Btw, try loading the piano after you have disabled "Enable Multi Processor".
    Then it might work for you, because it worked for Multi Processor users
    in the NI Forum. The people there are guessing that it might be a bug
    with the convolution reverb and multi processor compatibility,
    because the big piano sample seems to use it.
    And when you load the lite version , it works fine with multi processors.

    Thanks again for checking it out !

  7. #7

    Re: Kontakt 2 and DFD settings-Major problem??

    Hi,

    I just discovered that I am having the same issues. I am using the K2 version of The Old Lady Piano. It doesn't matter how I adjust the DFD settings. As soon as I start playing, the DVD meter goes into the red. Also, the CPU meter is running too hot. I thought it was just me.

    Equipment: eMac 1.25 GHZ, 1 GB of ram, LaCie 160 GB FireWire HD (used for sample library), M-Audio FireWire 410 audio card, Cubase SX 3.

    Ron

  8. #8

    Re: Kontakt 2 and DFD settings-Major problem??

    Jello Rjames:

    I'm having the same problem with the Black Grand on a Mac G4 Dual 1.25 ghz., 2 GB RAM. Have you figured out a way to speed up the loading times?

    Thanks,
    Tom

  9. #9

    Re: Kontakt 2 and DFD settings-Major problem??

    rJames,

    I wonder how its going with Kontakt2 now.
    Since they released 2.0.1. It should fix the mutli processor
    bug. Now the multiprocessor is working .
    I think that Kontakt 2 is eating power too much.

    And also don`t know what to do in the DFD expert settings...
    In Kontakt1 , I was setting it to 192 , 256voices, which was
    recommended by most of the people.
    But now, the settings have completly changed so I don`t have
    a clue, how I should setup my DFD setting.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •