• Register
  • Help

Topic: Minor GPO Advanced suggestion ....

Share/Bookmark

Minor GPO Advanced suggestion ....

While building instances, sometimes I accidently load an instrument into a slot where another instrument already resides.
    It would be great if a prompt would appear and ask something like -

"Do you really want to replace the current instrument?"

Bosco Adama

Re: Minor GPO Advanced suggestion ....

This has happened to me so many times it's embarrasing. A prompt like this would be very much appreciated (by me, anyway!)
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Also, do away with the prompt that asks you if you want to save "Untitled" - this appears even when nothing is loaded and you are attempting to load a saved .gpo file.

An even more important ability would be the capacity for the channels to receive and implement patch changes, be it from Finale or a sequencer, etc. This would solve the problem of having two dozen instances of the player open.

Though of course, were this a giga library this problem would not exist..

Bosco, good point, but instead of a prompt "are you sure?"

It would really be nice to just "UNDO" it

dpDan

Quote Originally Posted by jc5
    An even more important ability would be the capacity for the channels to receive and implement patch changes, be it from Finale or a sequencer, etc. This would solve the problem of having two dozen instances of the player open.

Though of course, were this a giga library this problem would not exist..
    It would never be able to do that in real time - it takes time for the instruments to load into the player.
    JW
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Bosco, good point, but instead of a prompt "are you sure?"

It would really be nice to just "UNDO" it

dpDan
    Well, if there were an UNDO button, that means that the instrument you accidentally loaded would have to load, you would have to click UNDO, and your previous instrument would have to load. I don't know about y'all, but my loading times are REALLY slow and I wouldn't have the patience with an UNDO button.

But yes, a ARE YOU SURE? prompt would be VERY nice!

-Chris

The "are you sure you want to overwrite" is a good idea, and better still, options settings should allow the user to disable this message box as it can also be annoying in some cases.

Saving "untitled" should, if it doesn't already, check the dirty flag on the document and prompt only when something has been done to it. I don't think there's a need to make this one optional if it's checking the dirty flag. Eliminating it is a bad idea, as people could do significant work before the first save, and accidentally hit the close button - poof, all work gone.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Instance one defaults midi channels 1 - 8. Likewise, any instance thereafter defaults to midi channels 1 - 8 as well. It would be nice if instances after the first, default to the next higher sequence of midi channels respectively. Thus, instance one midi channels 1 - 8, instance two midi channels 9 - 16 and so on. Any change of midi channels would still be an option in any instance of the user.
    I find it monotonous frequently shifting midi channels to match up to the sequencers in instances after the first. If one isn't careful, one may load an instrument on a channel already used in an instance prior.
    Furthermore, it would be nice if the player could recognize patch instrument changes.
    Just my $600,000,00 worth.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Just my $600,000,00 worth.

Go Back to forum