• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Error when selecting GigaPulse for effect

Share/Bookmark

Error when selecting GigaPulse for effect

Just got GS3 going (upgrade). When I goto apply a GigaPulse effect (open the gigapulse program) it errors out of GS3 giving the reason error in gpulseencoder.dll or something to that affect.

Any ideas? I put the newest patch on GS3 before I started using it.

Re: Error when selecting GigaPulse for effect

-I just installed my patch....there was a note (on the Tascam site, I think) saying, in effect, "don't install the patch for at least 24 hrs after installing the software".

I don't know what sort of terrible things befall someone who installs it immediately, but you may be just such a person. Did you wait 24hrs?

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by belbin

-I just installed my patch....there was a note (on the Tascam site, I think) saying, in effect, "don't install the patch for at least 24 hrs after installing the software".

I don't know what sort of terrible things befall someone who installs it immediately, but you may be just such a person. Did you wait 24hrs?

good luck.
    I did wait 24hrs. Should I just try a total uninstall / reinstall? That doesn't cause any registration/license issues I hope. Thanks.

The 24 hours is the time they've given themselves to get your registration confirmed and in their system. It's not like the PC is going to melt down or anything. jc

Double check in the Config manager, 'Gigapulse/Convolution' tab, that it's pointing at the directory where you installed the Gpulse content. (The default is Drive:/Tascam/Gpulse/Common) Gpulse will fail to load if it can't find the content.

HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmSee
    Just got GS3 going (upgrade). When I goto apply a GigaPulse effect (open the gigapulse program) it errors out of GS3 giving the reason error in gpulseencoder.dll or something to that affect.

What version do you have? Only Orchestra provides access to GigaPulse directly. I believe that when you try to open a performance with GigaPulse (say, the VintAudio C7 gsp files) in Solo or Ensemble, it errors out. I would think that opening GigaPulse in Solo or Ensemble wouldn't be available, or would give a warning, but I don't know...

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    What version do you have? Only Orchestra provides access to GigaPulse directly. I believe that when you try to open a performance with GigaPulse (say, the VintAudio C7 gsp files) in Solo or Ensemble, it errors out. I would think that opening GigaPulse in Solo or Ensemble wouldn't be available, or would give a warning, but I don't know...

-JF
    I do have the Orchestra version. I'll check the tips above to see if something's out of whack. Thanks!

Exclamation Re: Error when selecting GigaPulse for effect

Update : see image of error.

All directories are correct in the Config.

http://www.emmseemusic.com/GSerror.jpg

Should I uninstall/reinstall?

Anyone? Any ideas? See above screenshot. Thanks!

Man, why suffer? People are spending more time to make Gigastudio work than actually to make music with it!

I just can´t believe it...

Go Back to forum