• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tempo stability problem

Share/Bookmark

Tempo stability problem

I´m using Giga 3.04 together with Cubase sx2. I have a problem with tempo stability, and I wonder what the synchronisation settings should be in Cubase. Or should I look elsewhere for an solution?
    gs

Re: Tempo stability problem

Bump.

Anyone...?

Talking Re: Tempo stability problem

Blame the Germans! jc

"Blame the Germans! jc"

I´ve tried that. It didn´t help....

gs

Quote Originally Posted by gs
    I´m using Giga 3.04 together with Cubase sx2. I have a problem with tempo stability, and I wonder what the synchronisation settings should be in Cubase. Or should I look elsewhere for an solution?
    gs
    You need to give much more info that this. What platform? Are they on the same computer? What soundcard (and settings)? What do you mean by synchronisation? What samples? etc. With more specs you might get more answers.

Daryl

"You need to give much more info that this. What platform? Are they on the same computer? What soundcard (and settings)? What do you mean by synchronisation? What samples? etc. With more specs you might get more answers."

OK, here are some specs. Giga and cubase are on the same computer. The soundcard is ESI WaMi 24. I´m doing a violin concerto with full orchestral score, more than 50 midi tracks, mostly VSL included with the orchestra version of Giga. The concerto has a lot of rubati, tempo changes, that I adjust in Cubase tempo track. Problem 1: The tempo changes doesn´t sound the same with every playback.
    My sound card doesn´t function with audio capture within Giga, so I´m using the rewire function. To take some load of the computer I try to do audio mixdown of one section of the orchestra , while the other sections are muted. Problem 2: when I do that, the resulting audio tracks are not of exactly the same length. In other words, they don´t have exactly the same tempo all the time. The concerto is almost 30 minutes long, and the different audio tracks differ up to 3 seconds. In the beginning it sounds OK, but in the end it sounds horrible and impossible to use.
    The sync settings I was wondering about are the ones in Cubase/Transport/Sync setup. But perhaps that is not where the problems are?
    All help much appreciated
    gs

Just found out that the tempo instability thing only occurs when giga is in rewire mode, not in stand alone mode! Maybe that will make it easier to solve...??
    gs

Go Back to forum