• Register
  • Help

Topic: help harp glissando

Share/Bookmark

help harp glissando

just quickly, Im following the instructions to do glissando using the harp packets but cant seem to make it work, maybe u can help me

1 - I load the harp packets mid file into my project and I can see them all , the different keys and different scales

2 - in one track I have the glissando harp instrument active , and I create
    another track below set to the same channel and to the same instrument, same as the other track and I copy there one of the packets

3 - I then record or play in the harp track and I play on the keyboard but nothing seems to change, I cant hear any change

any help? thanks a lot

Jav

Thumbs up Re: help harp glissando

I feel for ya. I've struggled with this myself from time to time and most often resort to playing the part in on my MC-80, set the harp arp control to what I desire, record to midi, then import it to the Cubase project I'm working on. Needless to say, the answer is probably so stupid simple I don't understand it!
    Styxx

Re: help harp glissando

Javismiles,

make sure that the harp packet is placed somewhere before the glissando notes, in other words,,,, so that the notes start after the harp packet.

If you are just playing the keyboard live, you may not hear the correct chord/notes.

Try playing the sequencer, so that the harp glissando notes AND the packet are sent to GPO in real time. Hope that helps.
    dpDan

thanks to both of u for taking the time to help me,
    well, I have tried all that im afraid and no luck so far, Im using Nuendo 2, maybe its an issue with nuendo?
    yes, I put the packet before the harp stuff, and IVe tried all types of combinations, like first recording the glissando and later putting the packet before it in a separate track set to the same channel and then doing a play so that both first the data packet and then the harp notes are sent to GPO , but no luck, mmm, well, I guess I will have to end up doing it manually

thank u again

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Javismiles,

make sure that the harp packet is placed somewhere before the glissando notes, in other words,,,, so that the notes start after the harp packet.

If you are just playing the keyboard live, you may not hear the correct chord/notes.

Try playing the sequencer, so that the harp glissando notes AND the packet are sent to GPO in real time. Hope that helps.
    dpDan

well well
    I made it work now
    not totally sure how
    but it works finally!!!!
    ok, every data packet has 1 line where it becomes active, that pulse of information being sent, so yes, just putting it before the notes begin, but mmm
    I was doing that before, a bit confused
    its working now anyway
    im surprised
    well
    oh well

well

by the way, about the volume, whats the reference volume for an instrument in relation to the position of the modulation wheel data, is it where the wheel or the controller graph are at the 50% position? in the middle of their ranges?

thank u

Quote Originally Posted by javismiles
    thanks to both of u for taking the time to help me,
    well, I have tried all that im afraid and no luck so far, Im using Nuendo 2, maybe its an issue with nuendo?
    yes, I put the packet before the harp stuff, and IVe tried all types of combinations, like first recording the glissando and later putting the packet before it in a separate track set to the same channel and then doing a play so that both first the data packet and then the harp notes are sent to GPO , but no luck, mmm, well, I guess I will have to end up doing it manually

thank u again

Go Back to forum