• Register
  • Help

Topic: Making a Home-Studio for Dummies. (help me!)

Share/Bookmark

Question Making a Home-Studio for Dummies. (help me!)

Hey guys,

Recently, ive been thinking about making a small home studio for myself, but ive wondered, whats the use? or benefits? Right now, my "sudtio" constsis of my computer, and my monitor(CRT) -- thats it. Think i should get more? If so, what do you think i should get? Is a mixer really nessecary? Mics perhaps? what kind? I do play guitar a lot, so keep that in mind as well, along with TONS of other instruments... plus my friends want to record their music @ my studio($_$) and so id need something for that as well. OH! and dont forget te overall look of the studio.. id rather have a rack of effects and a 64 channel mixer so the place looks cool than one box that does it all, if ya know what i mean.. plus! Analogue or Digital equpiment? What kinda EQ's?

Im really asking for a lot of info here, but maybe someone can help.. also, if you give specific equipment, put the price down and whats its for an stuff, just to help lil old me out. thanks a bunch guys!

~Fire
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Re: Making a Home-Studio for Dummies. (help me!)

It all depends on what you want to do...

Best thing I can do for you is to give you this very useful link: http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm

A ton of information there. I hope it helps.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Re: Making a Home-Studio for Dummies. (help me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Skysaw
    It all depends on what you want to do...

Best thing I can do for you is to give you this very useful link: http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm

A ton of information there. I hope it helps.
    GREAT SITE!!!!

I'm in a similiar dillema, but I'm off to a somewhat larger start.

Thanks!!

-Chris

Go Back to forum