• Register
  • Help

Topic: advanced portamento cc 19

Share/Bookmark

advanced portamento cc 19

hi all, of all the new stuff in the latest update of GPO , the thing that I cant quite catch yet is the advanced portamento switching using the CC 19, is there any tutorial around about it?

i catch that one should use pitch bend for the beginning of phrases, and one should use portamento CC 20 when inside a legato phrase in between the notes,

but then it says that u use CC 19 in the change between groups, from legato to detache etc, etc, and I kind of see what it means but cannot understand how to use it in practice or where etc

do u use it? any tutorial? info?

thanks
    Jav

Re: advanced portamento cc 19

please, can somebody explain with a practical example, with violins, what this means:

For transitions from a sustain note or tongued note to a legato or slurred note use the new controller (cc19) as a switch and then apply portamento with pitch bend. This supplies a portamento tool for all practical situations.

thank u

I'll post a tutorial a bit later (need to upload some files to accomplish this).

Tom

See both of the tutorials I have just placed at the top of the Tips, Techniques, and Tutorials category.

Tom

Tom thanks lots for this, i just went though to the tutorials page
    http://www.garritan.com/tips_tutorials.html

and cant find the ones u put, could u give me direct html link to them?
    thanks lots

Jav

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    See both of the tutorials I have just placed at the top of the Tutorials, Tips, and Techniques category.

Tom

They're sticky threads a the top of this forum
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Richard is right. Just back out one step from here and look at the top of the page. The section we're in right here is called the "Tips, Techniques, and Tutorials" forum.

Tom

ups thanks a lot now I see what u mean, thanks lots for your help
    Jav

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Richard is right. Just back out one step from here and look at the top of the page. The section we're in right here is called the "Tips, Techniques, and Tutorials" forum.

Tom

Go Back to forum