• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: GS and kontakt not working together serious bug in GS!

Share/Bookmark

GS and kontakt not working together serious bug in GS!

Yes it is a bug,

When Kontakt is loaded in a project within Cubase SX 3, GS will not load extra instruments anymore! And damn i was hoping and praying that the two would have worked together smoothly! Since both are having their strong points!

I don't know now which of the three related programs is the cause for this problem. It looks like it is GS since Cubase and Kontakt are working fine together.

Anybody else experiencing this problem!

Re: GS and kontakt not working together serious bug in GS!

Quote Originally Posted by Resident
    I don't know now which of the three related programs is the cause for this problem.
    What do you think?

No offense, but do you have any special reason to keep Gigastudio 3 in your computer? Why don´t you just migrate to Kontakt 2 completely?

Are you a salesman from Native Instruments?

Hi Resident,

maybe if you have loaded too many samples into Kontakt, Giga cannot allocate more for itself.

Also the 2 streaming engines are competing with each other...maybe Cubase SX3 is causing the problem. There are still some bugs in SX3 which are not present in SX 2...who knows.

Guga,

maybe you should apply for a job at Native Instruments. How about it?
    I'm pretty sure they take you as a salesman.

Also your immature bashing on Gigastudio is fully ridiculous and out of place.
    Every piece of software has bugs, period. But that doesn't mean that one is better that the other.
    If Kontakt is working for you then be it, but let others use the software they like.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Maybe the streaming engines are working against each other and maybe there is a RAM problem. I don't know. But it is a pitty that the two samplers can not be used together. I like kontakt just to make instruments out of scratch and i like GS for their great sample library.
    It is difficult to filter out who is causing the problem since three programs are involved.

GS Rewired with Cubase is working fine.

Kontakt with GS rewired with Cubase is working fine.

GS rewired with Kontakt and Cubase is problem for GS.

Not easy to say which one is the blame. The message i get is when trying to load a instrument is "ünknown system error should GS load this performance anyway?"

Can anybody tell what Message you get in GS when you ran out of RAM?

I did narrow down the problem a bit to get closer which program is causing the problem.
    I'm sure others will have the same problems when they try to run the both programs. And hopefully somebody will have the answer to solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    Resident, I would just start trying to discover where the breakdown is occurring. It sounds like a RAM starvation issue. If you try to reverse the order of loading the samplers, does it make a difference...in other words, load everything you want in Giga, then load up the same instrument load in Kontakt and see if it works?

It sure sounds to me like a RAM-starvation issue, but you might want to try narrowing it down first.
    Bruce i did a test. First start Cubase then start Kontakt within cubase.
    Then without opening GS i try the memory test in the GS configuration manager!
    Without any instrument loaded in Kontakt the manager says it has 750 MB of the physical memory available for loading instruments "thats fine" but then starting the test only 5% is the result! So Kontakt is probably blocking the RAM memory for GS.
    If i do the test without Kontakt loaded the result is 96%.

But what is strange is the fact that when i close K2 "remove it from the instrumentslist" the test will still be 5% memory available.

It does look like Tascam is having a serious problem with one of their biggest enemies-competitors! For sure Tascam have to do something about this problem, Native Instruments is robbing Memory from Tascam what a joke.

Damn i really need the timemachine in Kontakt! But do not want to give up GS!

Quote Originally Posted by Resident
    Are you a salesman from Native Instruments?
    No, I am just asking what reason prevents you from migrating entirely to kontakt 2.

I would ask he same question if you were my best friend.

The "Unknown system error should GS load this performance anyway" is definately a ram starvation issue. You need to get more ram for GS in this situation. Running all three of those programs on the same box is "bleeding edge" to be sure! Cheers, jc

Quote Originally Posted by yankeezulu
    The "Unknown system error should GS load this performance anyway" is definately a ram starvation issue. You need to get more ram for GS in this situation. Running all three of those programs on the same box is "bleeding edge" to be sure! Cheers, jc
    But not a single Sample is loaded!

Just curious, by WHY are you trying to run these two together?
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast