• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Musikmesse - Day 4

Share/Bookmark

Musikmesse - Day 4

Today was the last day of Musikmesse. It was open to the public today and the crowds came. We started the day with a tour of Gigapulse VST given by Pete Snell of Tascam. Later got together for lunch with Martin from Native Instruments. Martin is fantastic and we discussed upcoming projects. Martin also gave Jeff and I a tour of Kontakt2.

After lunch I got together with Peter Gorges from Wizoo and Charlie Steinberg. Went to their 5.1 room and had an opportunity to hear Wizooverb - a really fascinating convolution reverb. Then a few more meetings with press people.

The highlight of my day was meeting some more forum members. Avongalaxy was there and Fabio! It was really great meeting them.
    Mattias also came by and gave me a nice gift - a GPO tie!

I checked out the Algorythm booth, and Arturia again, and saw a neat product called SampleRobot which will be a great aid to making sample libraries.

Had a very interesting meeting with Benno and Christian from LinuxSampler. Some pretty amazing happenings in the Linux sampling world.

Overall it was a very successful show. Met great people and there was a very good response to the Jazz/Big Band library. It seems that the solo Stradivari was one of the hits of the show. Stefano gave amazing performances.

The show ended and said goodbyes. In the morning I'm off to New York for a meetings and talks at Julliard, Berklee and Northeastern, and to see some friends.

More to come.

Gary Garritan

Re: Musikmesse - Day 4

Whew, sounds like a busy day!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Sean is right, you are busy busy busy!
    Dan

Smile Re: Musikmesse - Day 4

What a busy day!!!
    I hope that next days will become full of news after your return, and
    I hope to became early a GPO advance and Solo stradivari buyer.
    Many thanks Gary for the daily news from MusiKmesse!!!!
    Ciao,
    Roberto

Thanks so much, Gary, even though you must be dog tired by now, for keeping us up to the minute on your life in Europe. It's funny, but I think we all hang on every word. I sure hope you can sleep on the plane coming home.

Best wishes for a safe trip and a rewarding and pleasant time in New York and Boston,

Karl

Thumbs up Re: Musikmesse - Day 4

Mattias
    I had a friend from Germany, Mattias. He is a journalist, quit a tall fellow and very friendly personality! Anyway, wish I could get the time off to meet you in NYC! Have a safe trip back to the States!
    The forum members are right ... you are too busy!
    Styxx

Watch out for that Jet Lag, my friend. It can been a killer!!!

Hope everthing goes safely and smoothly,
    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Thumbs up Re: Musikmesse - Day 4

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Today was the last day of Musikmesse. It was open to the public today and the crowds came. We started the day with a tour of Gigapulse VST given by Pete Snell of Tascam. Later got together for lunch with Martin from Native Instruments. Martin is fantastic and we discussed upcoming projects. Martin also gave Jeff and I a tour of Kontakt2.

After lunch I got together with Peter Gorges from Wizoo and Charlie Steinberg. Went to their 5.1 room and had an opportunity to hear Wizooverb - a really fascinating convolution reverb. Then a few more meetings with press people.

The highlight of my day was meeting some more forum members. Avongalaxy was there and Fabio! It was really great meeting them.
    Mattias also came by and gave me a nice gift - a GPO tie!

I checked out the Algorythm booth, and Arturia again, and saw a neat product called SampleRobot which will be a great aid to making sample libraries.

Had a very interesting meeting with Benno and Christian from LinuxSampler. Some pretty amazing happenings in the Linux sampling world.

Overall it was a very successful show. Met great people and there was a very good response to the Jazz/Big Band library. It seems that the solo Stradivari was one of the hits of the show. Stefano gave amazing performances.

The show ended and said goodbyes. In the morning I'm off to New York for a meetings and talks at Julliard, Berklee and Northeastern, and to see some friends.

More to come.

Gary Garritan
    Nice to meet you Gary!
    Meeting you and Jeff in the real world was exciting. Kind and funny as usual. Great ideas for the future also...please go on!

I want let you know that Stefano and Giorgio told me (in Italian, wow...) a lot about Stradivari and the future of the technology. Great stuff.

People, believe me, it's fantastic. Now I really can't wait.

Thanks, looking forward...

Thank you gary,
    it was very nice to meet you.
    The Stradivari sounds so realistic, and the tenor sax from the jazz lib
    is one of the best samples i ever heard.

Hope we will see you again in germany as soon as possible.

cu
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by avalongalaxy
    Thank you gary,
    it was very nice to meet you.
    The Stradivari sounds so realistic, and the tenor sax from the jazz lib
    is one of the best samples i ever heard.

Hope we will see you again in germany as soon as possible.

cu
    Andy
    So did no one bring a camcorder to this thing??

Go Back to forum