• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: A synth question... maybe Eric could help on this?

Share/Bookmark

A synth question... maybe Eric could help on this?

I'm not the most hip dude when it comes to synths. I was a rock dude first, wasn't into synths all growing up like many of you guys were.... I say that so I don't look stupid when asking this question.

I really need to know what synth created this sound ---> www.lofinksound.com/Files/Italian_job.mp3

It's a clip by John Powell form Italian Job. Any one know or think they know what that is? (i'm referring to the synth that comes in under the drums)

I really need some synths that sound like that. Hopefully stuff I don't have to tweak "that" much. What should I look at? Are there any softsynths that sound like that?

Thanks!

KID

Re: A synth question... maybe Eric could help on this?

This is hard to tell! It sounds like something from KORG! I'm sorry but hard to distinguish!

Hello Kid, I think you could make pads like that or better with absynth. If you want a hardware synth, I don't know.
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Do you know Virsyn TERA VSTi that one is great for making Pads!

Which sound? The ambient stuff or the Bass synth stuff?

Ambient stuff is likely Atmosphere, ABsynth or a Virus....any of those could do that kind of stuff well. I recommend all three :-)

Bass synth could be a wide variety of things, but could be done with Trilogy very well.

Actually, a lot of virtual analog synths can do that bass sound too.

spectrum

If you're talking about the swelling filtered synth pad I think it sounds like there's some cello/viola-like substance to the tone. Maybe a filtered solo string sample (wide bandpass/telephone/AM) delayed and soaked in reverb, layered with some standard synth pad. The sound is pretty characteristic, if that's indeed the one you're thinking about. He probably forged it himself, but if he didn't maybe someone will recognize it.

Thanks for the helps guys!

Oh sorry guys, I meant the bass synth, I'm pretty well covered on Pads ---- feel like I have most everything in that regard --- and yes all the Spectrasonics stuff ;-)

Hmmm. Haven't really thought of trying to use Trilogy for a sound like that... maybe I should.

I have a crap load of VSTi's, but to my ears they don't sound like that (that analog). Although It would help if I knew how to really tweak that stuff.

Just looking for something I might not have that sounds close 'out of the box' (perhaps?) with maybe a bunch of presets that I could tweak. I wasn't really looking for a hardware synth but you never know? could be I already have the tools to make that sound by hand? Guess I need to learn more about synthesis........

Final question ---- What are some of the best analog VSTi's? Just wanna make sure I have the best ones for the job....

Thanks guys!

KID

That could be Albino with some messing about with a filter.

BTW ----

I was just kinda curious if you, Eric, maybe knew what created this sound (off the top of your head -- a signature tone or something?) because of your extensive synth knowledge. But since you imply that it's more of a generic sound that leads me to believe I need to perhaps learn more about synthesis.... ;-)

KID

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    That could be Albino with some messing about with a filter.

Thanks Paul...

I "heard" Albino wasn't so great though? You like it?

I was kinda wondering if it was Nord Lead or something, or Waldorf.... I don't own either .

KID

Go Back to forum