• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cannot arm an output channel

Share/Bookmark

Cannot arm an output channel

I am trying my capture to wave with GS3 (have done it before with 2.5), and I am having difficulty. When you click on the capture button, it reminds you to arm an output channel in the DSP view. I checked the help files, and where the record button is supposed to be (above the output slider), all I've got is grey panel. No sign of a button at all. I am using Cakewalk as my sequencer, and I am running GS3 Solo, and an M-Audio 2496 card. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Poco

Re: Cannot arm an output channel

Are you using re-wire? If so audio capture is disabled, and you need to either run GS in standalone mode or use the file-export audio command in cakewalk.

cheers,
    Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    Are you using re-wire? If so audio capture is disabled, and you need to either run GS in standalone mode or use the file-export audio command in cakewalk.

cheers,
    Belbin
    Hmmm. Since I have never explicitly used re-wire, I don't know if I am or not. I have configured Cakewalk to be the sequencer that is started from within GS (by selecting the sequencer button on the GS toolbar). Does this automatically imply re-wire? If so, how should I reconfigure? I don't use Cakewalk for any audio capture. I have an MX-2424 for that, but I would like to use capture to wave when it is more convenient (than sending sound outboard).

Thanks,

Poco

That would meanthat you're not in rewire mode now. Don't know about other c-walk versions, but sonar has "inset-rewire device" in it's main menu. that will put gs in rewire mode. if you're not doing that now, then I dunno why you can't arm an output channel for bounce. Is everything else working okay?

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    Is everything else working okay?
    Everything else is fine. It's almost like the feature does not exist. I assume that I am looking in the right place, as the help docs detail all the buttons in that view. If I am correct, the place to arm for record is the same screen where you insert effects, set EQ, etc. This is baffling.

Poco

Are you looking at the Output Masters? There are four tabs at the bottom of the window, and the Record Enables are on the Outputs...

yeah, dude. if you're looking at track inserts and eq's, you're looking at the wrong part of the dsp station. do what fermata says!!

Quote Originally Posted by fermata
    Are you looking at the Output Masters? There are four tabs at the bottom of the window, and the Record Enables are on the Outputs...

Duh! Problem solved...

Thanks!

Go Back to forum