• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: RMX Public Gushing

Share/Bookmark

RMX Public Gushing

Eric!!!!!

Here I am, under the tv gun with just a few days to go and tons of cues to write, and who comes to my rescue?... RMX!!! And, let's not forget our wonderful friends, the Expansion Packs!!

I never did pick up Metamorphosis in the past, but now that I have it, I can see why it was such a hit with soundtrack composers!

Thanks for such amazing, creative, MUSICAL groove/beat programming.

Re: RMX Public Gushing

I second all of the above.

Thanks Ned!

spectrum

Cool Re: RMX Public Gushing

How many gigs is Metamorphosis? You've got me interested but my drive space is getting a bit low...

Cheers!

Mike

I was referring to the RMX Expansion Pack version, which is app. 600 megs. The original 3-cd-rom set is bigger, clearly.

Eric,

Any news on the next update? Particularly so that I can import Skippy's and other libs.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bouhalassa
    I was referring to the RMX Expansion Pack version, which is app. 600 megs. The original 3-cd-rom set is bigger, clearly.
    What's missing in the RMX version?

I can't answer categorically, but I doubt it has less loops.
    I have the original metamorphosis in roland format and I know that for one, each loop is presented twice.. once as non GC version and then as a Groove Control version......remember before rmx it was a pain to sync loops quickly.
    you would pull in the regular version, hear it, if you *think* it would work in your song, you then loaded the GC version and load up the appropriate midi file and test it........ now with rmx all that is done in one swoop ( I love you Eric :-) ).
    I know one disc (not sure if this was a fourth disc or one of the three mentioned previously, as I am not in the studio right now) had the midi files and I think mp3 versions of the loop so you could play them on your computer before you decided to load them in your sampler.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

but along with the public gushing I would like to beg for more xpanders, even if they have to be done by third party sources.........in the past three of four months, many developers, wizoo, e-lab and a few others are coming out with their own rmx like stuff. I doubt if any of them can be all the rmx is, but I would love to have access to some of their libraries without having to load yet another vsti. I don't suppose they would license their loops to spectrasonics, but I would love for spectrasonics to develop a whole new set of xpanders QUICKLY :-)
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by zvenx
    I can't answer categorically, but I doubt it has less loops.
    I have the original metamorphosis in roland format and I know that for one, each loop is presented twice.. once as non GC version and then as a Groove Control version......
    I'm sure that Eric will set the record straight but, as I understand it, you actually have more loops than the original. The expanders have a bonus section which includes such things as some of the loops found on the Dist. Reality CD's for example. Because the grooves and loops are handled automatically in RMX, there is no need for the full loops anymore. The GC versions sound exactly the same so this results in a smaller package as well. My understanding is that there are no loops missing at all.

FV

Go Back to forum