• Register
  • Help

Topic: Somebody try this for me (GS 3.04 users w/ GigaPianoII)

Share/Bookmark

Somebody try this for me (GS 3.04 users w/ GigaPianoII)

1 - New performance
    2 - Load GigaPianoII
    3 - Use iMidi to transpose GigaPianoII up or down an octave or so
    4 - Record some Midi data into your sequencer using the now transposed GigaPianoII (you probably don't even need to record any Midi data but whatever..)
    5 - Save the GS3 Performance with GigaPianoII still transposed.
    6 - Quit out of GS3
    7 - Open GS3 then open the Performance File with the transposed GigaPianoII.

Does the performance file open for you? It does the disappearing (crashing) Giga on me everytime.

Re: Somebody try this for me (GS 3.04 users w/ GigaPianoII)

Quote Originally Posted by MayorPeete
    1 - New performance
    2 - Load GigaPianoII
    3 - Use iMidi to transpose GigaPianoII up or down an octave or so
    4 - Record some Midi data into your sequencer using the now transposed GigaPianoII (you probably don't even need to record any Midi data but whatever..)
    5 - Save the GS3 Performance with GigaPianoII still transposed.
    6 - Quit out of GS3
    7 - Open GS3 then open the Performance File with the transposed GigaPianoII.

Does the performance file open for you? It does the disappearing (crashing) Giga on me everytime.
    I haven't tried exactly your scenario, but:

1) I'm finding that opening a gsp while sequencer is running a Rewire project crashes my computer every time. You mentioned exiting GS3, but not closing the sequencer. If you're using Rewire, this could be your problem.

2) I'm finding GPII difficult for capture to wave, and and rewire mixdown. It's a tough gig to crack, is my point. Of course, my system sucks. Post your specs, and one of the pros might have advice for you.

Suggestion (rewire or not): If GP II is the only gig you're trying to load, save your eq/fx etc as a gsp with no sound loaded, and load GPII manually into said gsp each time you want to use it. If this is the only gig you want, it won't take any longer than opening a gsp.

I'm on a GPII experimentation binge, so I'll probably be able to offer some legitimate help soon.

Good luck!
    Belbin

I don't think the my setup is the problem, I think it's just a bug in GS3.

I'm able to do everything else that I need to do without any problems. Rewire hasn't given me any problems. With the exception of occasional note drop outs - not sure if that's Rewire related or not. It's when I try to open a GSP that contains that dadgum GigaPianoII transposed through iMidi where I crash 100% of the time.

Here go my specs anyway

Hardware -

Motherboard - ASUS P4C800-E DELUXE CANTERWOOD
    Processor - Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor Prescott 3.2GHz, 800MHz FSB, Socket 478
    RAM - (2) Corsair VS1GBKIT400 1GB Kit DDR400 PC3200
    Videocard - VGA ATIOEM|RADEON 9200SE 128M DDRTV
    Audio Interface - Echo MIA MIDI Digital Audio and MIDI Card
    C:/ (1) 80GB Seagate HD - OS & other crap
    D:/ (1) 120GB Seagate HD - Samples
    E:/ DVD Drive - LITE-ON SOHW812S 8X DVD+-R/RW
    Case - Antec Sonata. Piano black finish (that's at least what one of my co-workers called it).
    Cheap monitor. Forgot the brand but I've got that all important warranty!!!

Software -

Windows XP Pro SP2
    GigaStudio Orchestra 3.04
    Cubase SX3
    VSL Performance Tool

Tried it. Didn't crash. Don't know what else to tell you. Got some info, and a question for anyone who reads this, though.

My specs:
    Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz
    2x 512MB DDR Ram (333) Brand Unknown.
    Asrock P4S61 Motherboard.
    80 GB Western Digital IDE Hard drive. 7200rpm, 9ms seek time, some cache, (dunno how much.) Samples, OS, All Software.
    HP 8x DVD RW
    M-Audio Delta 44 Audio Card (not MIDI, but still GSIF II compatible)
    No MIDI Interface/Outbaord MIDI Gear

Win XP SP1

Sonar 4.01 Studio Editon
    GS3.04 Orchestra

Why is this system (such as it is) usually spared the plagues suffered by so many power users?? I'm not saying my system's without any problems, but so far, it seems like things are going rather smoothly.....Plenty of polyphony, most of the crashes are my own fault, stuff works in general (and limited) way. But it ALL WORKS. No missing features or capabliites, no random crashes. Is this some kind of micracle? some hoodoo? Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

Seriously.

Belbin

I also tried it and didn't have a problem.

Go Back to forum