• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Updates for the OLD LADY released

Share/Bookmark

Updates for the OLD LADY released

The latest free updates are on-line for the OLD LADY.
    The sample starts have been adjusted for a much improved attack on all 3 major platforms (giga3, kontakt 1.53 and exs24).

You can find the updates on our www.postpiano.com support section.

The updates can be added to the existing patches (Kontakt) or replace the previous patches (EXs24). GigaStudio3 owners can load the articulation file. If problems with the previously embedded GigaPulse presets occur, please stack the shell encoded gig files instead. We can also help you out to re-encode that content into the main gig file.

Kontakt 2 updates:
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Re: Updates for the OLD LADY released

Thanks
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Thanks very much, Michiel.
    Could you please advise me on how to do the update for G3?

I downloaded the .art file, opened the Old Lady in the editor, then opened the .art file, as I have done for other updates.

I received an error message saying "the instruments you are importing were saved from a file whose wave pool does not exactly match the current wave pool. 91 lady G2.... and 560 more."

Out of interest, I saved the new instruments under the name Old Lady April 12, and when I loaded one of these new instruments into Giga3, the resulting piano was mapped in an entirely chaotic manner....(which I rather expected given the error message).....very suitable for certain types of aleatoric new music no longer in fashion.

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks!

Patrick

thanks

what does it improve ?

only this "sample starts have been adjusted for a much improved attack " ?

Hi Michael

Could you please provide detailed instructions on your site on how to update this Old lady for Giga 3. Its getting confusing.

Caveman

It seems there is a mapping problem in kontakt version:
    - some samples are missing in mapping editor (low velocities in lowest range, pedal up and pedal down racks)
    - one sample overlapped (C#6)

I just set up this update page with detailed instructions and the revised updates.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

much tighter, Michiel, thank you. just me or is she darker now? top velocities especially seem rolled off compared to update 6 (less open, less dynamic range over all, even when tweaking the vel tab in kontakt). much better sample starts though, just a weirdly muted feel now.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Godfrey
    I received an error message saying "the instruments you are importing were saved from a file whose wave pool does not exactly match the current wave pool. 91 lady G2.... and 560 more." .............
    same with me. I tried to update the original from the dvd with the "OLD LADY GS3 UPDATED 11405.art" and got exactly this error message.

grello

error message confirmed here . There is a bug in GS3 that does this, the wavepool totally matches...1008 samples (44 16 bit, 964 24 bit samples). So we're looking at what causes this. Very frustrating.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum