• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trialogue - for alto flute/english horn/bass clarinet

Share/Bookmark

Trialogue - for alto flute/english horn/bass clarinet

Hello!

This piece has been posted before but in the General Discussion area.

It's a piece for alto flute, english horn and bass clarinet. It's created in Finale2005 with human playback and then mixed in Sonar 3PE. I did also use the FinGar Slur plugin for placing CC#64 before saving as MIDI in F2005.

http://82.183.160.44/mats/Trialogue_I.mp3

Mats O Hansson

Re: Trialogue - for alto flute/english horn/bass clarinet

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram
    Hello!

This piece has been posted before but in the General Discussion area.

It's a piece for alto flute, english horn and bass clarinet. It's created in Finale2005 with human playback and then mixed in Sonar 3PE. I did also use the FinGar Slur plugin for placing CC#64 before saving as MIDI in F2005.

http://82.183.160.44/mats/Trialogue_I.mp3

Mats O Hansson
    This piece has some lovely sonorities and very good use of dynamics.The Bass Clarinet sound is sensational! Good Work

Thank you Joaz.

The bass clarinet is one of my favorites, in GPO as well as in real life.

It's possible to get quite good results from the Human Playback function in Finale if you only feed it a lot of information, which I always try to do to get the musicians on the right track. I do these GPO versions as a demo until I get a real performance of it. Actually, it might be a first performance in UK, but nothings 100% yet.

Mats

Mats/Tangram:

I would appreciate your help. I am having a lot of trouble getting slurs with GPO. They sound great when Finale plays them back with HP, but when I save a MIDI file and play it back in Home Studio (very similar to Sonar), they are not slurred at all. I tried to contact Adam, who created the fingar plug-in, but unfortunately, he is deceased.

I listened to your piece and read your post, and it seems that you have the answer I am looking for, because you say you created the piece in Finale, saved it as a MIDI file with the fingar plug-in, and then mixed it in Sonar. The slurs are great, and I need to know what the procedure is. I tried it ( I downloaded the plug-in, used it to create and save my MIDI file, and then opened the parts in Home Studio) but I still got broken off notes where slurs shoudl be. The problem, I think, is in the saving of the file, because I opened the event list once it was in Home Studio, and there was no cc#64 info listed.

Could you post your procedure for those of use who are trying to get the same result? You will save me from the hassle of trying to return GPO, because this is a big flaw I can't fix (yet).

MUCH appreciated!

Boisty Music

Mats:

Excellent choice of instruments and all very well reproduced. You did a marvelous job considering this was an original Finale product, yet I wonder how it sounded compared to the "sweetened" version produced by Sonar.

Very nicely done and, although I am not an afficiando of atonal music, your product was very easy to take. Great job.

John
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum