• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: The new GPO Upgrade

Share/Bookmark

The new GPO Upgrade

Hello to all,

I'm new to this forum and orchestration, planning to buy an orchestra-library. GPO sounds pretty good and the price is self-explanatory.

So I read that an upgrade (or new version?) will be available this summer or later this year. Does anybody know the idea for this upgrade, what are the planning features? And will there be an upgrade-path if I'll buy the GPO in the next days/weeks?

So long!

Re: The new GPO Upgrade

It will be called GPO Advanced. There will be a lot more articulations and instruments in this version. I believe the upgrade will be possible for existing GPO users. I think there will be 3 versions of GPO - Lite, Standard, Advanced.

Unfortunately, it won't be out for quite a while. We both read that it would be out in the 2nd quarter, but I'm not sure it will be out that soon, to be honest I think it'll be a little while longer. GPO Advanced is an enormous undertaking, and they're spending a lot of time getting it right so that it's as perfect as they can make it.

Usually I've never been wrong. I don't think this time would be an exception to that rule.

The best way to handle the agony of waiting is to simply pretend that it's not coming out. That's what I'm doing. I'm just pretending that it will never come out, so when it comes out sometime at the end of this year I'll be...well, pleasantly surprised. If it comes out next year, ditto.

Don't expect it to come out this summer, because, chances are, it won't. Remember the old adage - "A watched pot never boils".

There is also an upgrade that is available for free now. You may have the two (GPO Advanced and the GPO upgrade) confused. The upgrade is a download from the web site.
    Trent P. McDonald

Hi folks, I'm in the same position - a prospective user wondering when is a good time to purchase GPO. I don't really know what the story is, and it's tempting to hold off when there is talk of updates on the horizon. Not to mention the upcoming version of Overture, which makes me wonder if that could result in an "Overture v4 SE" becoming part of GPO. The info I have read about the GPO update suggests that it will be available in three flavours:
    - GPO second edition
    - GPO advanced
    - GPO light (or "lite", as I believe it's spelled these days)

Meanwhile, Kelly's Music are already selling GPO Advanced on pre-order:
    http://www.kellysmusicandcomputers.c...78676&aff=5998

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd
    There is also an upgrade that is available for free now. You may have the two (GPO Advanced and the GPO upgrade) confused. The upgrade is a download from the web site.
    So is the free online upgrade the same thing as the "GPO 2nd Edition" that is mentioned in the article i linked to in my prev. post?

Quote Originally Posted by lunartune
    So is the free online upgrade the same thing as the "GPO 2nd Edition" that is mentioned in the article i linked to in my prev. post?
    I think so. I'm not 100% sure. Gary also once hinted there will be an upgrade path to Advanced but gave no details.
    Trent P. McDonald

Gentlemen, the one sure bet you can rest on is Mr. Garritan takes care of his customers. Buying GPO now and downloading the free upgrades is a wise decision. Regardless, you could be making music with it now, period!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Gentlemen, the one sure bet you can rest on is Mr. Garritan takes care of his customers. Buying GPO now and downloading the free upgrades is a wise decision. Regardless, you could be making music with it now, period!
    i'll 2nd edition that!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I'll 3rd that!
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamind
    "A watched pot never boils".
    Actually, I've found that it's much quicker waiting for hot water to boil that cold water to boil. I just discovered that. Even when waiting for the hot water to get to the kitchen sink it quicker than waiting for cold water to boil.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    I'll 3rd that!

Actually, I've found that it's much quicker waiting for hot water to boil that cold water to boil. I just discovered that. Even when waiting for the hot water to get to the kitchen sink it quicker than waiting for cold water to boil.

-Chris
    there's no arguing with that chris.

Go Back to forum