• Register
  • Help

Topic: Did I find my GigaPulse loading problem????

Share/Bookmark

Did I find my GigaPulse loading problem????

GigaPulse is erroring out anytime I try to load it by applying the effect.

I've formatted, reinstalled, same issue.

So I actually go into the directories finally and look and notice all these files with 0 bytes ( see screenshot ) : http://www.emmseemusic.com/gs-files-zero.jpg

THEN I try to manually copy the files from the DVD to the directories and it can't read them on the DVD, won't copy. Error in source file....

so am I looking at a bad DVD here?? just my luck.

Re: Did I find my GigaPulse loading problem????

Followup: Was able to copy the files from the DVD to a harddrive on another comp. with a DVD drive. Now I'm wondering if any other files didn't full copy when I installed all the extra content in the 5 extra DVDs. I'll have to check for more 0 byte files tonight. I've never had an issue with my DVD drive, GS brings out the best in every system, huh?

My GS3 discs worked fine on my system - but my Sonar 3 discs didn't. I had to copy my Sonar 3 discs from another computer, trasfer them by network to the target computer and install them from there to get them to work. There's no telling how well a CD from a given dupe house will work on your drive. It's not just GS3...

BTW, you can buy laser cleaning discs. Sometimes they help. Sometimes they don't...

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    My GS3 discs worked fine on my system - but my Sonar 3 discs didn't. I had to copy my Sonar 3 discs from another computer, trasfer them by network to the target computer and install them from there to get them to work. There's no telling how well a CD from a given dupe house will work on your drive. It's not just GS3...

BTW, you can buy laser cleaning discs. Sometimes they help. Sometimes they don't...

-JF
    I actually had the DVD drive networked too, since I don't have a DVD drive on my GS PC. Then I just tried to copy the files directly to the comp. with the DVD drive and got the errors too...

I copied the files to another PC with a DVD fine, then copied the 1.01GB from the "factory" directory (looks like all the GPulse stuff) to 2 CD-R's. I'll be crossing my fingers tonight when I copy and try to run GigaPulse!

Go Back to forum