• Register
  • Help

Topic: Budget Systems for Giga

Share/Bookmark

Budget Systems for Giga

I\'m looking to buy a new computer for use with Gigasampler/Gigastudio, and I don\'t have a lot to spend.

I know for a great system you need to have SCSI tons of ram etc, but there\'s lots of people who don\'t have a ton to spend especially when buying expensive software like Gigasampler/Gigastudio.

I know what I want to probably use Gigastudio 96, maybe 160, and i want to use as many effects as possible.

I only have around 1300 to spend since I have to buy the software, I also need a CD-RW to come with the system, does anybody have any recommendations on where to buy this system, or what configuration to use?

Re: Budget Systems for Giga

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JeyJeyDiggy:
    I\'m looking to buy a new computer for use with Gigasampler/Gigastudio, and I don\'t have a lot to spend.

I know for a great system you need to have SCSI tons of ram etc, but there\'s lots of people who don\'t have a ton to spend especially when buying expensive software like Gigasampler/Gigastudio.

I know what I want to probably use Gigastudio 96, maybe 160, and i want to use as many effects as possible.

I only have around 1300 to spend since I have to buy the software, I also need a CD-RW to come with the system, does anybody have any recommendations on where to buy this system, or what configuration to use?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The old Scsi rumour. Truth is gigasampler works great on ata 66 7200 rpm drives.

One of my configurations looks like this:

Pentium III 650 or greater
    Intel\'s 440 BX Chipset (Gigabyte BX2000+ is a great board)
    128-256 mb pc 100 sdram
    7200 rpm system drive
    7200 rpm, 9ms, 2 mb cache samples drive (IBM Deskstar is great.
    Ati Rage series video cards work well.

and there you have it.. a cheap system that will run gigasampler/studio very well.

Mike Warning
    Early Warning New Media
    Custom Gigasampler Systems and Sample Cd\'s

Go Back to forum