• Register
  • Help

Topic: More info about scripting in Kontakt 2?

Share/Bookmark

More info about scripting in Kontakt 2?

Is there a source\site that would let me learn more about what the scripting feature in Kontakt 2 can do? (NI's website says very little.) My understanding is that it is mainly midi based, letting one create if-then statements, but it also lets one control effects and modulation.

Any suggestions about where to look for more information? Thanks.

Re: More info about scripting in Kontakt 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Johnson
    Is there a source\site that would let me learn more about what the scripting feature in Kontakt 2 can do? (NI's website says very little.) My understanding is that it is mainly midi based, letting one create if-then statements, but it also lets one control effects and modulation.

Any suggestions about where to look for more information? Thanks.
    The scripting manual (pdf) is pretty good. PM or email me and I'll send you a copy.

It will allow scripting of cc messages (send and receive), which can be tied to controls (on effects et al) in the Kontakt UI. Mostly, it is designed for sample playback manipulation.

For the most part it will be slightly challenging to make smooth continuous cc changes because there is no cc-change-over-time capability. You have to at each point say "move to a specific value", which means if you want a smooth fade or movement of a cc controller you have to move it to a specific value then call wait(# of microseconds) then move it a little more, etc. Though this can be effective, it could have been done a little better.

Go Back to forum