• Register
  • Help

Topic: They Removed The Thread Critical of Censorship?

Share/Bookmark

They Removed The Thread Critical of Censorship?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    It looks like the thread was removed. Am I correct?

If so, too much. . . . .

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Re: They Removed The Thread Critical of Censorship?

On the other hand, censorship is only against the US constitution when governments tell its citizens what they can, or can not say. Citizens can always say what they wish, but they must accept its legal consequences as well. Yelling "FIRE" in a crowd and causing a stampede with injury or loss of life, you can stand on your first amendment rights, but the policy will stand on your culpability for said injuries.

Owners of the press can choose what to print or not. If it is not liked, create your own press and say what you wish or find someone else's press upon which to say your piece, but don't force the owner of a press to publish what it does not wish.

You can vote with your feet. =)

Myself i'll keep reading the K2 forum since it's better here than at native instruments, but all of my other reading activity has moved to the company-hosted forums of the products I've bought.
    Andy Finkenstadt, WinXP, P4-2.8GHZ, 3GB, Sonar 4 PE, Sibelius 3. Yamaha CVP-79A.
    EWQL: Gold, GoldPro, Choirs, StormDrum. and Galaxy & Bosendorfer 290, and RealGuitar. And an empty bank account.

Andy,

Thanks for your common-sense response about censorship. The concept has been so twisted and turned to create a self-righteous warcry by anyone who wants to force feed his or her looney belief system on the public. Thanks for the reminder.

There are no rights without responsiblities.
    Their are no acts without consequences.

(Sure hope "they" leave this up!)

Yeah, yeah. Being an attorney, I know a fair amount about Constitutional contraints on governmental censorship. I am not claiming Northern Sounds has broken any law.

That said, I think most users would have greater respect for a forum that did not immediately move to delete any post that is critical of the forum.

I am not looking into getting in a big fuss over this. Rather I am just suggesting that Northern Sounds be a bit more adult and tolerant in dealing with criticisms.

Feel free to disagree with me (at least as long as this thread continues to exist )

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffn1
    I think most users would have greater respect for a forum that did not immediately move to delete any post that is critical of the forum.
    . . .
    Feel free to disagree with me
    Nah, I think I'll agree with you instead. Obviously, it's their right to decide what stays or goes, but the thread last night, although critical, seemed to me to be healthy for the forum.

- Mike Greene

Because Northern Sounds is such a popular resource there are those who
    take advantage by trying to use it as a platform to further their own
    causes. Some have tried to insult or harass us with ridiculous aims of
    putting us into submission. Others have used aliases or even other users
    to promote their products in order to circumvent our rules. These are all
    factors that influence our decision making. Some act as if we are required
    by law to give an explanation of the inner workings of this forum. The fact
    is we don't like to air our business in public (I don't think there is a
    business owner on the planet who would), nor are we obligated to do so.

What’s actually happening here with these posts and towards other users is no different than walking into someone's home or place of business with horse manure on your boots then placing them on top of the dinner or conference table and telling your host do as we say while harassing other guests or patrons.

I don't see how any of you would allow this. This so called censorship non issue is becoming old and stale. SimuAndy and LHall are not the only users that see this. You'd be surprised how many report these types of posts and what they are saying is right "this forum is not an Anarchist's cesspool where anything goes" SimuAndy and LHall are far from being alone on their views.

Incidentally some of the very people who had griefs in the previous thread (before this one) have been reported many times by different forum members on different issues of abuse of the rules we are beginning to see a pattern.

All I have to say is read the rules.

No one is forcing anyone to stay here if they don't like it. Some don't like when I make reference to this but it's true. It's not our choice it's your own choice to be here under our rules. These types of posts are just an attempt to use the forum as platform for your own self serving purpose while bashing at us and the very forum your on. What logic is that? The forum is not to be used to bash and harass us. It's a sample forum this thread is not even in the off topic section for that matter. This post will be locked, moved to off topic any other post which is simply an attempt to harass, threaten admins/mods regarding our rules or as to why you were banned, or why a post was/was not removed by posting on the forum. will be dealt with as stated in our rules.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=15789

Go Back to forum