• Register
  • Help

Topic: Delta 1010

Share/Bookmark

Delta 1010

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea if the MIDIMAN DELTA-1010 sound hard is a multi-client card?
    I mean if it can play the GS and the Cubase VST audio tracks simultaneously, using the same outputs/inputs?

Thanks,
    mihmar

Re: Delta 1010

Hi,
    Unfortunately, youll need two cards.

I was under the understanding that it was multiclient. And that you could asign inputs 1-4 to cubase and inputs 5-8 to giga sampler .As far as outputs go they can share the same two master outs or send them to different outputs .That was my understanding .Ken

I was told that by a sales person at sweetwater music

I have a Delta 1010 which I should add is a very clean card. You will not be able to Output Giga sounds through the same outputs as your sequencer sounds. They are mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive. In other words it\'s one or the other for each output but not both. I usually run Giga a through outputs 1&2, midi sounds from my keyboards and sound modules through 7&8, and any audio tracks that I am using through 3&4 and 5&6. Peace.

thanks Nazaru,

are you using the M Audio ASIO driver within Cubase?

mihmar

Midiman sent me this within 8 hours of my enquiry:
    The Delta is a multiclient audio card, people are not using it correctly. All they have to do is set the settings to independent in
    the Delta control panel and then open gigasampler up and select outputs and then select the sequencer they will be using and
    open this app and select outputs for it. Perhaps you can let me know what newsgroupsl you are reading this and ill let them
    know how to setup there Deltas correctly. I\'ve also included a fix for openning more than one app with giga you could share it
    and put it on the newsgroupsl if you like....To Record@

Jesper Andersen

Configuring Cubase and Gigasampler to co-exist happily using a Delta

This walkthrough should help those out who are using a Delta audio card with both Cubase and Gigasampler installed. If
    Cubase is locking up of constantly giving you errors even without Gigasampler running, this walkthrough is for you.

1. First of all Gigasampler has to be installed and working for this fix to work. If you’re having issues with
    Gigasampler, you should contact Nemesys to troubleshoot the issue.

2. Download and install the Hubi MIDI Loopback software (I found it here: http://www.sonicspot.com/hubismidiloopbackdevice/hubismidiloopbackdevice.html). The instructions for installation are in a
    file called midlpbk.txt included in the zip file. Here’s a simple breakdown of the installation:

a. Unzip the file to a temporary folder (C:\\temp)

b. Open My Computer
    c. Open Control Panel
    d. Open Add New Hardware
    e. Click Next at the opening window, and Next again to start a search.
    f. Select ‘No, I want to select the hardware from a list’ and select Next
    g. Select Sound, Video, and Game Controllers and click Next
    h. Click Have Disk
    i. Point this to the directory which you unzipped the drivers to (C:\\temp)
    j. It should find Hubi’s MIDI Loopback, so Click OK. If not, make sure you unzipped the file and are pointing to the
    correct folder.
    k. Click Finish, and the Hubi’s Loopback window will come up. Click OK and restart the computer.
    l. Go to the temporary folder you unzipped the Loopback software to (C:\\Temp) and move the hwmdcabl.exe,
    hwmdcb.dll, and mlbkctl.exe into a different NON-temp folder on your hard drive (C:\\Hubi). These are the control panels
    to configure Hubi, so you may need these later.

3. Open the folder on your hard drive where you installed Cubase (C:\\Program Files\\Steinberg\\Cubase by default)
    and run the setupmme.exe. Hubi creates the MIDI ins and outs labeled LB1-LB4. Set all Hubi inputs as inactive, and
    make sure all the Hubi Outputs are active. Under outputs, make the Gigasampler/Endless Wave inactive. Click OK
    to close the window.

4. Without any other programs running, open Gigasampler. Click the Config button and go to the General Tab. The
    MIDI input will most likely be the MIDI port for your sound card, change this to LB1. Say OK and quit Gigasampler.
    5. Now you should be able to run Cubase free of lockups or constant errors.

Huge props go out to Randy Martin for providing us with this information.

Go Back to forum