• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt and AKAI

Share/Bookmark

Red face Kontakt and AKAI

I posted this on the Kontakt forum, but I'm not convinced anyone ever goes there, since it's stayed at the top for several days without a single answer.

When I try to import AKAI samples into Kontakt 2 I'm getting the message that Kontakt has to be closed, and would I like to send a report to Microsoft. I assume I'm doing things right, because it does start the job - an import script appears, and the progress bar gets about half way before the program crashes.

Is this a known bug, or should I be looking to my particular system for the problem? I suspect the CD/DVD drive might have something to do with it, since the fan on the drive gets louder and louder the longer I leave an 'unreadable' CD, such as an AKAI CD-rom in there - maybe it's having difficulty reading the samples even from within Kontakt.

Please help if you can.

Re: Kontakt and AKAI

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    I posted this on the Kontakt forum, but I'm not convinced anyone ever goes there, since it's stayed at the top for several days without a single answer.

When I try to import AKAI samples into Kontakt 2 I'm getting the message that Kontakt has to be closed, and would I like to send a report to Microsoft. I assume I'm doing things right, because it does start the job - an import script appears, and the progress bar gets about half way before the program crashes.

Is this a known bug, or should I be looking to my particular system for the problem? I suspect the CD/DVD drive might have something to do with it, since the fan on the drive gets louder and louder the longer I leave an 'unreadable' CD, such as an AKAI CD-rom in there - maybe it's having difficulty reading the samples even from within Kontakt.

Please help if you can.
    Don't they have a tech support section devoted just to this problem?

Though, personally, I had no trouble importing Symphony of Voices in AKAI format into K2..

Go Back to forum