• Register
  • Help

Topic: Groove Agent

Share/Bookmark

Groove Agent

Hi all,

any thoughts on Groove Agent 1 and or 2. What do you think of the percussive sounds compared to BFD and DFHS.

Alan Russell
    Please Visit My New & Revised Official Website Below

http://AlanRussell-Music.com

Re: Groove Agent

I can not compare the sounds, but I did like version 1 , the user interface, ease of use, even export the drum pattern to MIDI and edit later. I hope version 2 adds a few more styles that I missed from 1.

Thumbs up Re: Groove Agent

I love the grooves in version one. Version two is on my short list (after getting the Scarbee KGB). I love to take the MIDI parts and blow them out to individual tracks and then run the notes and controllers into Scarbee Imperial Drums, and the electronic kits stand on their own. When I stay with the GA kit, I often route the drums to different sets of outputs and then pipe them through their own effects, adding a new flavor to the sounds. In all, I consider it to be a very worthwhile investment.

It's quick, easy, maleable, and functions well. Of course, I use it in Nuendo and Cubase, so YMMV depending on your host and its ability to do things like send tempo to VSTi and record MIDI from VSTi.

Give the demo a whirl and see if the technology (host sync and tempo) will work in your environment.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Re: Groove Agent

Thanks Houstin & Maszat,

I hear that version 2 adds another 27 grooves and has a nice save to midi file feature. The USB dongle is the only inconvenience for their protection.
    I hate taking up a USB port for one program. I hope it does well with Sonar.

Alan Russell
    Please Visit My New & Revised Official Website Below

http://AlanRussell-Music.com

Go Back to forum