• Register
  • Help

Topic: Berklee Film Scoring Contest. YAY

Share/Bookmark

Berklee Film Scoring Contest. YAY

Eh, Gary Garritan sponsors the college, so I think I'm somewhat on topic. The first annual film scoring contest was held at the Berklee College of Music. I collaborated with a friend who does great in pro tools mastering. We got 2nd place. YAY! There was a lot of competition, and many different takes on the film scores. We believe there were over 20 entries, and then 7 finalists were selected by their highest scores. All the viewers did the voting, kind of like American Idol style. Anyways, Andrew and I decided to do the shades. For us being first semester students, and not even officially declared film score majors (well, I did today), I say we did alright, especially since we knew we didn’t put as much time into the score as we could’ve. We’ll be back for the next competition, and we’re confident we can win next time. Optimistic, we are.

3 cheers for the starving artist….no, we’re too hungry and tired.

And if it makes Nick and Doug feel better, we used a LOT of QLSO Gold on this. Every competitor talked about the software and samples they used, and how they produced it before the winner was chosen.

CHECK OUT THE PICTURES! (I'm the one in the dark red shirt)

http://learningcenter.berklee.edu/index.php?0=51&1=51

Jared Hudson

Re: Berklee Film Scoring Contest. YAY

Sweet!!

Make Don Wilkins proud!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Great work Jared !
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Nice, congrats Jared.
    Tim

Go Back to forum