• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan "Wind Machine" fills the Aud!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Garritan "Wind Machine" fills the Aud!

Many of you know I am putting on the musical of The Wizard of Oz. Last evenings sound testing for effects were pretty cool. We built a surround system set up and pumped GPO wind machine through to hear if we could generate the illusion of being inside a twister. After many changes and attempts we were flying! Sit anywhere in the Aud and you experience the sensation of surrounded by an threatening specter of dark bone chilling atmospheric disturbance! The only problem was dropping the house. After the first one fell it became apparent it just makes too much clutter.!
    No biggie, just sharing.
    Styxx

Re: Garritan "Wind Machine" fills the Aud!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Many of you know I am putting on the musical of The Wizard of Oz. Last evenings sound testing for effects were pretty cool. We built a surround system set up and pumped GPO wind machine through to hear if we could generate the illusion of being inside a twister. After many changes and attempts we were flying! Sit anywhere in the Aud and you experience the sensation of surrounded by an threatening specter of dark bone chilling atmospheric disturbance! The only problem was dropping the house. After the first one fell it became apparent it just makes too much clutter.!
    No biggie, just sharing.
    Hehhee... yup, I imagine that GPO windmachine sounded great! I must use it someday in some piece.

Btw. Will this musical be recorded? If yes, please send some demos after the show.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Hopefully in the real show, the dropping of the house will make less clatter, since there will be someone underneath it to get squished.

Don't mess it up! A person can only get squished once . . .

Good luck with the production!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Sit anywhere in the Aud and you experience the sensation of surrounded by an threatening specter of dark bone chilling atmospheric disturbance! The only problem was dropping the house. After the first one fell it became apparent it just makes too much clutter.!
    Tell the Wicked Witch of the East to watch those dropping houses.

Thumbs up Re: Garritan "Wind Machine" fills the Aud!

...Yes please, keep traks and proofs of the event, and share it with us (the first I'm certain you will do, the second we are asking you for...;-))

Go Back to forum