• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bouncing a track vs. Gigastudio

Share/Bookmark

Bouncing a track vs. Gigastudio

This question may have been asked, but I need to ask it again. I never made it an issue in the past, but now I'm REALLY starting to wonder how to fix it. As many know, when you compose through your sequencer like Sonar, DP, Cubase using a VST instrument like QLSO Gold, you are able to bounce the tracks instantly, and the file starts directly at 0, start. Gigastudio however, at least 2.5, does not allow you to do this. You must record in realtime using Gigastudio's recorder. This also creates the problem of not starting at 0, and then you have the painstaking setup of trying to line tracks up. When you click record in Gigastudio, you then have to take your mouse and quickly click PLAY in your sequencer to start going.

Am I doing this a wrong way? Is there a much easier and obvious technique to use? Do I need patch cables in order to pull it off? Here's my setup:

Sonar 4 Producer
    Gigastudio 2.5

Anyone know a good way to make EVERY track start at 0, or better yet, bounce the gigastudio tracks like a VST? Thanks.

Jared

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Bouncing a track vs. Gigastudio

You can have GigaStudio start recording when it hears a MIDI Start command. This gives you a finite paste point. In SONAR, go to Options | Project Options | Sync and check the first TWO checkboxes on that tab, then make sure you're sending it to the output port that is feeding Giga.

That's it.

Thanks a lot. That worked. Now the only problem is, is there a way to bounce a gigastudio track faster than realtime, or a way to multi-record tracks on separate files? Just wondering. Thanks again.

Jared

If you have a multi-output soundcard, you can capture multiple waves in parallel. Even the cheapest pro cards tend to have analog and S/PDIF outputs, so you should be able to capture at least two files at a time. If you have a higher-end card, you can likely capture more parallel tracks.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Hudson
    Thanks a lot. That worked. Now the only problem is, is there a way to bounce a gigastudio track faster than realtime, or a way to multi-record tracks on separate files? Just wondering. Thanks again.
    Jared
    Bouncing tracks is past. You should use a VST based sampler and use freezing instead.

Freezing allows faster than realtime rendering, memory releasing, and you will never have to worry about sync points again.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Hi Jared,

You could ReWire with GigaStudio 3.0, if you wanted to upgrade.

Hi,

using the rewire feature in Giga 3 is the fastest way to bounce..takes seconds.

Set up you voices in Giga 3..then open Sonar 4 and activate Rewire.

Highlight the 2 tracks (midi and Rewire track) and let sonar create an audio track when you ask it to bounce.

Very simple..great feature..It's about time - right?

Alan Russell
    Please Visit My New & Revised Official Website Below

http://AlanRussell-Music.com

Go Back to forum