• Register
  • Help

Topic: Front Porch??.... Tuba??

Share/Bookmark

Front Porch??.... Tuba??

Just a heads up for everyone. Matt Sayre of Front Porch Banjo (amongst other things) fame released a very nice tuba in January and I've only just found out about it although I already have his Banjo! I wish he'd email his former customers.....actually he might have....I have needed to change more than I would like due to an ISP going phutt....

It's only thanks to Larry Alexander's 'Little Bighorn Rag' over at Garritan's demos that I heard about it.

This is from his site:-
    Front Porch Tuba released! --Posted Saturday, January 29, 2005 (10:46 AM) by Matt
    Front Porch Tuba is now available for download! With 1023 samples (31 unique samples for every note) and weighing over 320 MB, this library can help you achieve very real sounding tuba lines. Find out more and listen to some demos at Front Porch Band.

This guy does nice stuff at nice prices....IMHO....I'm downloading mine now!....nice, no import duty!

Frank

Re: Front Porch??.... Tuba??

I like the Front Porch Tuba a lot. Especially for jazz, folk and marching band stuff. It fits nicely in my mixes as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Witkam
    I like the Front Porch Tuba a lot. Especially for jazz, folk and marching band stuff. It fits nicely in my mixes as well!
    Yes Herman, it sounds excellent for all the genres you mention, (which are some of my favourite niche genres ) but as Matt suggests it would add character in a lot of orchestral situations. BTW, I also liked your demos at Front Porch!

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Yes Herman, it sounds excellent for all the genres you mention, (which are some of my niche favourite genres ) but as Matt suggests it would add character in a lot of orchestral situations. BTW, I also liked your demos at Front Porch!

Frank
    Thanks Frank!
    I haven't used it orchestrally yet, but I reckon that with a good convolution reverb it will be great for those situations as well.

Go Back to forum