• Register
  • Help

Topic: Thanks re headphone thread

Share/Bookmark

xxx

xxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by cand; 01-26-2008 at 08:30 PM. Reason: xxx

Re: Thanks re headphone thread

Having made comparisons, you will likely really be pleased with the AKGs. If nothing else, you will know that you purchased them with a good idea of their character. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find AKG studio models when I did my listening tests.

Regarding the ATHs, you're not alone. The shop that had them didn't have the others, so I couldn't cross check them, but I also found them to be unpleasant in an intangible way. If the Sonys are sweet and the Sens neutral, then the ATHs seemed "unsweet".

All the best with your new cans!

-JF

AKGs always get my vote, good choice. I still use a pair of K240DF Studio cans that I must have bought several years ago and I'm addicted to them. They are flat and true, minimal fatigue, and after a little while, your forget you have them on.
    Logic 9 | OSX Snow Leopard | 2x3 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | 4g ram |Dual Cinema Displays | MBox 2 | MOTU 2408, MTP AV | AlphaTrack | BlueSky 2.1 |

Quote Originally Posted by cand
    Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who chimed in on my headphone advice thread below.
    ..............each system and hear what I needed to under the AKG's, which was my real purpose for purchase. They were also really comfi on a smaller head (we girls don't have the big head's you bloke's have - ok, none of the head size is proportional to intellect jokes thanks). ................your assistance and experience was definitely valuable in light of the limited testing circumstances. Hope this info may help someone else too.
    Oh No!!! I didn't realise you were a female....otherwise I'd only have been pointing out the prettiest ones! (BTW, re your other thread, Mach 5 has an arguably prettier GUI than contact!)

Seriously though, it was interesting to 'hear' what you choose in the end.

Regarding head size....it's not a joke, it's the square/cube law!!

Good luck

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Oh No!!! I didn't realise you were a female....otherwise I'd only have been pointing out the prettiest ones! (BTW, re your other thread, Mach 5 has an arguably prettier GUI than contact!)

Seriously though, it was interesting to 'hear' what you choose in the end.

Regarding head size....it's not a joke, it's the square/cube law!!

Good luck

Frank
    Man you act like you've never talked to a girl before.

Quote Originally Posted by josejherring
    Man you act like you've never talked to a girl before.
    Yes, and I'm only sixty!!! Lighten up...

Frank

Yes, and I'm only sixty!!! Lighten up...

Frank
    Well at sixty you should have a lot of practice at smooth talkin' the ladies.

Jose

Quote Originally Posted by cand
    he he, now if you really understood women, you'd realise that at my age (respectively middle aged ), that we're much less worried about how headphones complement haircolour, and much more interested in what they do for the decor. I mean really, the AKG's have that nice little black v metallic thing happening, which in my muted toned, mod vogue little studio here - we're just right!
    Hilarious Cand!! I'm delighted you could see the humour! I'm afraid I'm from the Python/ satire era!

Thanks!!

Frank

I'm afraid I'm from the Python/ satire era!

Thanks!!

Frank
    Really?

Go Back to forum