• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Violinist With 2 Strings

Share/Bookmark

Violinist With 2 Strings

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I've often thought that if it wasn't for music, I'd be dead or in jail.
    I've known people like this and I always find their stories a source of inspiration.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...home-utilities

Kinda makes your sampler or any other problems seem inconsequential doesn't it?

Re: Violinist With 2 Strings

Are you seriously in North Dakota????
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Forgive my ignorance of your avatar. I understand now.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Very inspirational, very heart wrenching too. Brought me to being misty-eyed.

His sister tried to insinuate that going to Juilliard in New York made him scizo.
    I went to Juilliard and I turned out okay........oh no you didn't! Oh, yes I did! Stop it! No, you stop it!

Jose and hose b

Quote Originally Posted by josejherring
    His sister tried to insinuate that going to Juilliard in New York made him scizo.
    I went to Juilliard and I turned out okay........oh no you didn't! Oh, yes I did! Stop it! No, you stop it!
    Jose and hose b
    Benny Herrmann went to Juilliard and got chucked out. Along with Jerome Moross - for being naughty.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    Benny Herrmann went to Juilliard and got chucked out. Along with Jerome Moross - for being naughty.
    We had a lot of transfer students at Berklee from Juilliard. We taught them "illegit" music.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    We had a lot of transfer students at Berklee from Juilliard. We taught them "illegit" music.
    That's interesting. Why did they transfer from Juilliard to Berklee I wonder Brian? Because the wanted to get more into filmscoring? That's Berklee Boston right?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    That's interesting. Why did they transfer from Juilliard to Berklee I wonder Brian? Because the wanted to get more into filmscoring? That's Berklee Boston right?
    Yes Boston, Mass
    Well, at the time I attended Berklee, Juilliard was strictly “traditional” music. Many students wanted to learn Jazz as well, and so they did time at each. Berklee was a little light on the traditional side, but now they are increasingly becoming a more well-rounded institution. Both are considered to be the highest quality musical institutions in the U.S. There are others as well, but these two schools have always been the most prestigious.

…2112
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Yeah,

Brian got it right. Juilliard is mostly a traditional school as the Royal Academy of Music is in England.

If you want to learn rock and roll you'll have to do it on your own. Though we did a lot of Jazz and rock/pop too but strickly amongst ourselves.

When where you in School Brian? Who did you know that was a Juilliard student?

Jose

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast