• Register
  • Help

Topic: M Audio Delta 410 or 2496?

Share/Bookmark

M Audio Delta 410 or 2496?

Which card would you recommend and why? Looking to use with GS3 and or vsti. Thanks!

Re: M Audio Delta 410 or 2496?

Quote Originally Posted by Deak
    Which card would you recommend and why? Looking to use with GS3 and or vsti. Thanks!
    I used to own the 2496 and found it to be a great/stable card. Very affordable too. I saw a link (in Digidesign forum) to a UK online shop recently that had it on sale for 70 pounds. Do a google search.

I sold it when i bought my PTools interface.
    evaclear
    Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm...

My Stuff

The Delta 410 PCI card (not to be confused with the FIREWIRE 410) is actually a discontinued product.

However, There isn't the slightest thing wrong with 'em ( I own 18). Solid performance, uses the standard M-audio monolithic driver (you can put more than one in a machine, or a 410 and a 1010 or whatever, w/o the usual multiple soundcard problems). GSIF2 compliant.

No pres of course and the breakout cable is a turnoff to some, and some want more inputs, BUT if these aren't problems...

You can still find plenty of them around and the price is right.

For instance:

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16829121105

Never used the 2496, but expect same sound quality, different feature set.

Michael

The audiophile is sweet ~~~, but it has no pre's. You can't record anything with it. The firewire 410 has super crisp sounding pre's with lots of gain.

Plug in any guitar or mic.

Sincerely

N

Thanks all for the replies, especially M.A.S.>

I own the Delta 410 PCI (not firewire) and just needed to know why so many talk up the 2496. Thanks!

I own the Delta 410 PCI (not firewire) and just needed to know why so many talk up the 2496. Thanks!
    Cause the 2496 is cheap!

The Delta 410 has the advantage of more I/O. That's valuable if you want to capture more channels at a time from GS3.

-JF

Thanks again all!

Go Back to forum